Which HD reciever shouold I get?

Status
P

pabasap

Aug 25, 2005
I am considering getting a cheap satellite/ASTC reciever off ebay. I do not necessarily need DVR or satellite tv, but I just want to recieve ota signal that will upconvert to 1080i and work with my Mits 65315 1080i HDRPTV.
Any suggestions or cautions?

pro96

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
pabasap said:
I am considering getting a cheap satellite/ASTC reciever off ebay. I do not necessarily need DVR or satellite tv, but I just want to recieve ota signal that will upconvert to 1080i and work with my Mits 65315 1080i HDRPTV.
Any suggestions or cautions?

Voom is the cheapest in price for an HDTV receiver, but lacks EPG.

Ratshack has one right now for $89.99 that has EPG and it has 2 threads in this forum about it. Here is the link for RS ? HDTV

C

ChrisPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2003
TN USA
Voom isn't a bad choice, and it's pretty cheap. However, I prefer the Radio Shack STB. It has a money back guarantee, and warranty, unlike a Voom unit. I and several people I know bought one and are very pleased with them.

pro96

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
ChrisPC said:
Voom isn't a bad choice, and it's pretty cheap. However, I prefer the Radio Shack STB. It has a money back guarantee, and warranty, unlike a Voom unit. I and several people I know bought one and are very pleased with them.

My local store has 3 in stock, ill be there when they open to check them out.

Might grab all 3.. LOL

E

etapia7

Dec 24, 2003
I purchased a used Samsung model SIR-TS160 on ebay for 80.00 and am using for my OTA HDTV tuner only. It is working fine!

K

kcribb1

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 3, 2004
OTA Receiver

I have an old VOOM's receiver, a Dish 811 and Sylvania OTA receiver. The VOOM receiver is the better receiver.

Status