Which HD reciever shouold I get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

pabasap

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I am considering getting a cheap satellite/ASTC reciever off ebay. I do not necessarily need DVR or satellite tv, but I just want to recieve ota signal that will upconvert to 1080i and work with my Mits 65315 1080i HDRPTV.
Any suggestions or cautions?

pabasap said:
I am considering getting a cheap satellite/ASTC reciever off ebay. I do not necessarily need DVR or satellite tv, but I just want to recieve ota signal that will upconvert to 1080i and work with my Mits 65315 1080i HDRPTV.
Any suggestions or cautions?

Voom is the cheapest in price for an HDTV receiver, but lacks EPG.

Ratshack has one right now for $89.99 that has EPG and it has 2 threads in this forum about it. Here is the link for RS ? HDTV

Voom isn't a bad choice, and it's pretty cheap. However, I prefer the Radio Shack STB. It has a money back guarantee, and warranty, unlike a Voom unit. I and several people I know bought one and are very pleased with them.

ChrisPC said:
Voom isn't a bad choice, and it's pretty cheap. However, I prefer the Radio Shack STB. It has a money back guarantee, and warranty, unlike a Voom unit. I and several people I know bought one and are very pleased with them.

My local store has 3 in stock, ill be there when they open to check them out.

Might grab all 3.. LOL

I purchased a used Samsung model SIR-TS160 on ebay for 80.00 and am using for my OTA HDTV tuner only. It is working fine!

OTA Receiver

I have an old VOOM's receiver, a Dish 811 and Sylvania OTA receiver. The VOOM receiver is the better receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)