Which HR44 should I use ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paranoia

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
New England
I had a issue with my 44 loosing its Ethernet connection, so I called and the support said she thought my jack was bad so she was going to overnight me another 44.

In the interim I found what was wrong, and fixed it,it was not the 44,but I got the one she shipped already, my question is now that I have it which one should I keep ?

Mt original one is HR44-500-MFR- 2/9/15 brand new, at that time. The one they just sent me is a HR44-700
MFR 4/01/13 but reconditioned warranty that has a sticker on it and a date on another sticker that says 10/13/16, does this date mean it was reconditioned in Oct of this year or not ?

So one was new when I got it , the other says it may be reconditioned new in Oct . of this year.

Please help me decide. also one is a 500 and the other is a 700.
thank you guys, Mark

I had a issue with my 44 loosing its Ethernet connection, so I called and the support said she thought my jack was bad so she was going to overnight me another 44.

In the interim I found what was wrong, and fixed it,it was not the 44,but I got the one she shipped already, my question is now that I have it which one should I keep ?

Mt original one is HR44-500-MFR- 2/9/15 brand new, at that time. The one they just sent me is a HR44-700
MFR 4/01/13 but reconditioned warranty that has a sticker on it and a date on another sticker that says 10/13/16, does this date mean it was reconditioned in Oct of this year or not ?

So one was new when I got it , the other says it may be reconditioned new in Oct . of this year.

thank you guys, Mark
Their is no difference, Do you have to send one back?

thank you guys, Mark
I received an HR44-500 that said it was reconditioned on the label. I got it hooked up and it said that it was connected to the internet, even though I had done nothing to connect it to my network. It thinks it is connected via Ethernet, though it isn't. It won't let me configure WiFi. There are no settings in any of the menus that relate to WiFi. After an hour, DTV support said they'd send need out a tech. I expect they'll have to replace the box - hopefully with an unused one.

thank you guys, Mark
If you KNOW you found the issue, then I would keep the original one, as long as its been running fine.
Reason being, you have recordings on the Old one and you can't transfer them.
As for manufacture, doesn't really make much difference.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)