Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
Twinhan Vision Plus PCI, TwinhanDTV StarBox, or DVB Worldbox

Also, besides the usb with the Thandtv starbox... what is the difference?

And do they both have blind scan feature, HD, ect...?

And is there a better cpu receiver out there?

Last edited:

Dvbdream has a beta version (1.3b3) which has a "network scan". This feature adds all the available transponders to your satellite transponder file reqardless of whether that transponder was in your file to begin with. Think of it as a high tech "Blind Scan".

Can't speak for the others, but I got a WorldBox a few weeks ago & love it! Works out of the box unlike most things I buy that have to be tweaked. It gets std DVB, 4:2:2 & HD with the included software, and can move my SG2100 motor. I love it. I do have a P4HT 3Ghz, 1G Ram driving it tho, and no room for a PCI tuner.

Another vote for the DVB World USB receiver, no need to open your PC as its a USB (USB2) device. No need for any other software as all you need is the software that comes with it for FLAWLESS HD /4:2:2/ and wonderful AC3 digital audio!

Some people JUST want to watch FTA :)

Out the box!

Forgot to mention that you can record DIRECT to hard drive (Its like a mini Tivo, even has a timer)

Last edited:
It all depends if you want an internal or external. I prefer the internal as I have enough stuff laying around and don't need another power supply plugged in the wall.

I also prefer a device that you can use the DVB apps that you want. I don't want to be locked to one app. I have seen a few people that have had problems with TSReader on the DVBWorld but yet some have it working just fine.

I use a Twinhan 102g card for all of my feeds, including HD ones, 4:2:2 ones, with DVBDream and TSReader.

It all depends if you want an internal or external. I prefer the internal as I have enough stuff laying around and don't need another power supply plugged in the wall.

I also prefer a device that you can use the DVB apps that you want. I don't want to be locked to one app. I have seen a few people that have had problems with TSReader on the DVBWorld but yet some have it working just fine.

I use a Twinhan 102g card for all of my feeds, including HD ones, 4:2:2 ones, with DVBDream and TSReader.

does it have blind scan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)