Which ITH adapter will work with the Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronswanberg

Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Which OTH adapter will work with the Hopper 3

I am having a hopper 3 installed tomorrow. I would like to connect my OTA antenna directly to the hopper. The Dish website will not let me access the accessory page because I have a pending install. Looking on Amazon there are several choices. There is a dual adapter that works with the Wally and there us a single adapter that works with the 722. Will either of these work with the hopper 3? (I do not care if it works with the Joey). If not, which adapter do I need and where can I get it?

Last edited:
Both should work with your Hopper 3, and any channels you receive using it will mirror to the Joeys.

There’s been quite a bit of discussion about the dual tuner dongles....they get very hot, and they are EXTREMELY sensitive and don’t seem to tune in as well as the single tuner ones. Some folks have scanned for channels using the single and then swapped it to the dual so they can still record two OTA channels at once.

They both have pros and cons. I’m sure someone else will chime in. I have a dual, and like others, have some of the commonly reported trouble with mine, but overall, it’s good. It beats NOT having one. If you think you will want to record two OTAs at once, get the dual tuner, but prepare yourself for some of the weird problems we all seem to have.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Only the dual adapter will work with the Hopper, the 722 adapter will NOT work with the Hopper.
That is correct that the 722 adapter will not work with the Hopper, but the original listing was incorrect when it referred to the 722 adapter as a single-tuner. The only adapter ever made for the ViP722k is a dual-tuner module. If the one in the original post actually is a single-tuner (it is hard to tell since no picture was provided) then it would work with the Hopper, but not the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)