Which model DirecTV dish is this ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
if your thinking of the 18x24 its not that,

You're wrong:

The later model 18x24 phase three dishes had the one-piece 3-sat LNB that got 101/110/119 without a multi-switch.

The earlier model 18x24 phase three dish had three individual LNB's and came with a 4x4 multi-switch. They also needed the SAT-C kit with the special 110 LNB and combiner. I still have one of these on my house, although it's not hooked up anymore.

The early PARA-TODOS 18x24 dishes only had the 101/119 LNB's, this is what I originally had, I had to buy a Eagle Aspen SAT-C kit on ebay when DirecTV first started broadcasting in HD so I could get the early mpeg-2 HD channels on the 110 sat.

These early type phase three dishes could also be used to watch both DirecTV 101/119 and Dishnet 110/119 with the same dish, you just couldn't watch DirecTV on 110 with this set-up. :D

Or can it be some other slots, like 99-101-103 ?

Supposedly you can put a SL3 LNB to get 99/101/103 on these later model phase three dishes with some modification, but it is frowned upon by DirecTV. I've never done this, but I've seen it done. I don't think the signal strength for the 99/103 sats with this set-up would be as good as a slimline dish.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)