Which Niche channel do you like the most?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I just got MLB Network finally added to my system and I got to say its fantastic. So now I along with a lot of other people have all 4 niche channels, NBA TV, NHL Network, NFL Network and MLB Network. My question is who do guys think is the best out of those 4 channels? Whats the worst?

I watch MLB,NFL,NBA about equal. Never watch NHL channel. Only time I'll watch hockey is if the Blackhawks are playing.

IMHO,

Of those 4, I would say that the best is MLB . Good coverage of a sport that ESPN undercovers and a good mix of live games. Good off-season material. Then would come NHL. Again, in-depth coverage of a grossly undercovered sport and good live games, during the regular season, plus non-NHL hockey (amateurs, minors, international) and good off-season material. Week during the playoffs, however. NFL is OK, but the only live games are throwaways that would be on regionally on a Sunday afternoon otherwise, mostly to small areas of the country. Off-season material is worthless however, and you can get all the NFL news you really need on ESPN or other general outlets. Last is the NBA. I suppose it is intended for people for whom the 60% of ESPN news and talk time devoted to the NBA is insufficient. Worthless.

However, there are not 4 "niche" channel, there are 7. The best of the 7 clearly is the Golf Channel. In depth coverage of a sport that ESPN, et al, cannot devote much time to, with great coverage of early PGA rounds, 4 round coverage ofNationwide, Champions, Euro, and LPGA tours along with some 4 round coverage of minor PGA events. Excelent talk shows, informative news, and great filmed deals like Big Break. Tennis Channel is similar, although I'm not a big tennis fan. Good coverage of a sport that you are not going to find elsewhere, outside of its majors. The worst of those 3, and IMHO, it has declined greatly, is SPEED. Turning from a good general coverage of NASCAR and other forms of motorsports, to a collection of infomercials and canned programming having nothing to do with auto racing.

Speed is only good for weekends when they have NASCAR stuff...otherwise its kinda worthless

The other 2 you posted are also blocked from my guide ;)

I watch NFL network the most, as a big NFL fan. Though as far as content and show i think MLB network is great, kind of underrated in my view by far least view is NBA channel, not sure the last time I did watch it. For NHL network love that they have hockey night in Canada feeds!

MLB channel by far. Even some of my colleagues whom prefer other sports agree that the MLB channel is better than the others as far as how it is run, programming, and shows.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

MLB channel by far. Even some of my colleagues whom prefer other sports agree that the MLB channel is better than the others as far as how it is run, programming, and shows.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
Well said! :up
Regardless of what your favorite sport is, it's pretty obvious that MLBN puts out a superior product. By comparison, NBA-TV is run like a local access channel!

I'll be honest I really only watch NFL Network and now MLB Network. From what Im hearing here and based on what Ive watched I think MLB Network is the best. I wish I could rank the NFL Network higher but I cant. I mean they show very little programming and when they show something original, they beat it to death. America's Game, The Top 100, NFL Top 10 are things that we have seen already. I mean they cant constantly show old NFL Yearbooks or Games of the Week but they can show NFL Football Follies? I mean who cares? Ok, sorry, rant over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)