Bulls and Heat SHARE executive of the year award?

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
OK...initially, it will sound like I am being a homer...but how can a guy that scored a coup like signing THE top free agents in his sport, 2 that happen to be, arguably top 4 or 5 players in the world...one player is the reigning two-time league MVP... and the other, signed only ONE major free agent, who was more than likely, not on everyone's top 5 of free agents wish list.... be TIED for the award? Really? Seriously?

Wow....the league is really going out of their way to push the Bulls.

Chicago Bulls' Gar Forman, Miami Heat's Pat Riley get executive award - ESPN

Chicago's GM put together a much better overall team, something you're overlooking. There is more to it than getting the best two free agents. Chicago didn't round out their roster with Jamal Magloire and Juwan Howard.

Chris Wallace or Sam Presti should of been the winner of this award.

Signing free agents is not that difficult compared to making trades.

Chicago's GM put together a much better overall team, something you're overlooking. There is more to it than getting the best two free agents. Chicago didn't round out their roster with Jamal Magloire and Juwan Howard.

What do you mean "put together a much better overall team"? That team signed Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, C.J. Watson and Kurt Thomas and you say that was BETTER than James, Bosh, Miller and resigning Wade and Haslem? REALLY? LOL!! Please make sure you re-read that. LOL!

salsadancer7 said:
What do you mean "put together a much better overall team"? That team signed Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, C.J. Watson and Kurt Thomas and you say that was BETTER than James, Bosh, Miller and resigning Wade and Haslem? REALLY? LOL!! Please make sure you re-read that. LOL!

It is a regular season award, and the Bulls did have the best record in the NBA. And they went 3-0 against the Heat.

I still think the OKC and Memphis did a overall better job working with less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

It is a regular season award, and the Bulls did have the best record in the NBA. And they went 3-0 against the Heat.

I still think the OKC and Memphis did a overall better job working with less.

IF you are saying they did more with less, than fine, but then you give it OKC or Memphis, as you stated.

OK...initially, it will sound like I am being a homer...but how can a guy that scored a coup like signing THE top free agents in his sport, 2 that happen to be, arguably top 4 or 5 players in the world...one player is the reigning two-time league MVP... and the other, signed only ONE major free agent, who was more than likely, not on everyone's top 5 of free agents wish list.... be TIED for the award? Really? Seriously?

Wow....the league is really going out of their way to push the Bulls.

Chicago Bulls' Gar Forman, Miami Heat's Pat Riley get executive award - ESPN

It wasn't your GM who deserves the credit. No one swayed the minds of LeBoob and Bosh to come to Miami. They colluded to join forces long before Slick Rick every talked to them. Miami just happened to be one of the few places The Big 3 could all join up on the same team. Your team won the lottery by default, not by smooth moves or strategics by your GM.

HD MM said:
It wasn't your GM who deserves the credit. No one swayed the minds of LeBoob and Bosh to come to Miami. They colluded to join forces long before Slick Rick every talked to them. Miami just happened to be one of the few places The Big 3 could all join up on the same team. Your team won the lottery by default, not by smooth moves or strategics by your GM.

Let it go scorned lover...Jesus, Mary and Joseph.... Let it go....

Skyhi said:
He's just stating facts. Riley should get zero credit for LeQuit's decision.

Really?! So Lebron could have chose Miami...but Riley still had to put the trade together and how to figure out how to put together contracts to where they could put together a decent bench and resign their own free agents.

But don't your undying hatred for Lebron blind you to true facts. Just like the other one.... Get over it, he's gone.

Really?! So Lebron could have chose Miami...but Riley still had to put the trade together and how to figure out how to put together contracts to where they could put together a decent bench and resign their own free agents.

But don't your undying hatred for Lebron blind you to true facts. Just like the other one.... Get over it, he's gone.

We're over it. Trust me. I'm just trying to state facts. Bosh, Wade and LeBron couldn't team up together in Cleveland or New York due to salary cap restrictions. Miami was one of the more fortunate teams to be able to finagle their monies around to sign them all up. I'm not sure a Slick Willey pep-talk had much to do with it.

HD MM said:
We're over it. Trust me. I'm just trying to state facts. Bosh, Wade and LeBron couldn't team up together in Cleveland or New York due to salary cap restrictions. Miami was one of the more fortunate teams to be able to finagle their monies around to sign them all up. I'm not sure a Slick Willey pep-talk had much to do with it.

It had NOTHING to do with pep talks and all to do with making it work salary cap wise, player wise and making sure the players coming in buy into where the coach and organization is or wants to accomplish. There was no luck there, they just had more cap space than 99% of the rest of the league.

It had NOTHING to do with pep talks and all to do with making it work salary cap wise, player wise and making sure the players coming in buy into where the coach and organization is or wants to accomplish. There was no luck there, they just had more cap space than 99% of the rest of the league.

Every team wants to accomplish the same thing. A Championship. Duh. I'm sorry you disagree, but this had nothing to do with Slick Rick kissing ass, the beaches, the sun, being sold on Spoelstra's secret formula to success or any of those other things. It was a place for 3 of quite possibly top 10 players in the league to join forces. If Minnesota (under who know's who as GM) had the fortune of having enough space to attract D-Wade, LeBoob, Bosh, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, I'm sure all of them would've jumped ship to Minnesotta instead. Slick Willey or no Slick Willey.

HD MM said:
Every team wants to accomplish the same thing. A Championship. Duh. I'm sorry you disagree, but this had nothing to do with Slick Rick kissing ass, the beaches, the sun, being sold on Spoelstra's secret formula to success or any of those other things. It was a place for 3 of quite possibly top 10 players in the league to join forces. If Minnesota (under who know's who as GM) had the fortune of having enough space to attract D-Wade, LeBoob, Bosh, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, I'm sure all of them would've jumped ship to Minnesotta instead. Slick Willey or no Slick Willey.

Wow... "slick willey", "leboob", "lequit". Yeah...your over it. Lol!

If BOTH teams had the same amount of cap space and could afford the free agents...you honestly think that the Timberwolves franchise would out do the Miami Heat franchise with Pat Riley as president....?! He beat out other franchises with more of a winning tradition than the Heat that had enough cap space to sign Lebron and Bosh, not to mention a Chicago franchise that was pulling on Wade's hometown heart strings..

Look...just admit that your opinion is base on your hate for all associated with Lebron and it would understandable....don't pretend you have some kind of logic to your reasons. The simple childish name calling of "Leboob" and "Le-quit" and all that cute stuff I hear in my son's kindergarten class kills any credibility you are trying to establish with your post here. I CLEARLY hate former Raiders defensive coach Rob Ryan...and I state it by using childish names like "tub-of-goo"...and Beli-jerk...but I given the devil his do when deserved being said.

Ah hell, nevermind, won't be able to get through anyway.... whatever.. Lol!

Hate away Cleveland boys, hate away....

Wow... "slick willey", "leboob", "lequit". Yeah...your over it. Lol!

If BOTH teams had the same amount of cap space and could afford the free agents...you honestly think that the Timberwolves franchise would out do the Miami Heat franchise with Pat Riley as president....?! He beat out other franchises with more of a winning tradition than the Heat that had enough cap space to sign Lebron and Bosh, not to mention a Chicago franchise that was pulling on Wade's hometown heart strings..

Look...just admit that your opinion is base on your hate for all associated with Lebron and it would understandable....don't pretend you have some kind of logic to your reasons. The simple childish name calling of "Leboob" and "Le-quit" and all that cute stuff I hear in my son's kindergarten class kills any credibility you are trying to establish with your post here. I CLEARLY hate former Raiders defensive coach Rob Ryan...and I state it by using childish names like "tub-of-goo"...and Beli-jerk...but I given the devil his do when deserved being said.

Ah hell, nevermind, won't be able to get through anyway.... whatever.. Lol!

Hate away Cleveland boys, hate away....

Which other NBA team had enough space to sign LeBron, Wade and Bosh? Who besides the heat?

PS. Your son sounds wise. Must've got his brains from his Momma. ;)

I don't mind Sam Presti not getting credit as being a shrewd operator. Makes it that much easier to snooker somebody else into a deal that gives OKC the advantage. Bringing in Perkins, Muhammad, Robinson and Cook while only giving up Jeff Green, Krstic and a draft pick was a steal.

I don't mind Sam Presti not getting credit as being a shrewd operator. Makes it that much easier to snooker somebody else into a deal that gives OKC the advantage. Bringing in Perkins, Muhammad, Robinson and Cook while only giving up Jeff Green, Krstic and a draft pick was a steal.

Now THAT'S a GM!!! :)

mdonnelly said:

Great point, but does he over use Brill cream?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)