Bulls and Heat SHARE executive of the year award?

SandraC said:
Well, I saw the video of the celebration, and they did act like they just won the NBA championship. It was a lot more than one guy dropping to a knee, some of them were laying on the court for a while, then they got up and did all this group hug stuff that looked really weird when you consider they won the conference semifinals, not the whole thing.

Props to Doc Rivers and a few of the other Celtics for hanging around while Miami went through their histrionics, in order to congratulate them. And I don't blame the Celtics who were hanging around and then decided to go to the locker room. For a couple of minutes it seemed like the celebration wasn't going to end.

Listen, there is nothing to disrespect about Miami on the court. Lebron played like a monster, Wade is Wade, and they have a legitimate chance to win the championship not only this year, but in may years to come. I don't see Chicago giving them much of a series (like someone said, Chicago has one superstar and Miami has two...you do the math), and the only team I thought had a chance to beat them was just swept.

But the melodrama of Lebron in particular, and now Wade has joined that fray, is just kinda weird. They're also way too sensitive...they care way too much about what everyone says about them...just go out an win and forget everyone else.

Who cares about what people say about how the team was built...ignore them.

Sandra

Would like to see this video because I did not see anything but Lebron on one knees and some of the team members hugging...and most of the Celtics leaving within a minute of the final horn. I could be wrong... I have been before...but until I see a video stating otherwise, I stand by what I say. Now as far as the Heat being "too sensative" no other team, other than the 1st Dream Team in the 1992 summer Olympics, has had more media hanging on every single word than this team.. And I use to be part of Bulls coverage in the 1990s. The coverage is over saturaded now....most of the Bulls other than Michael could not handle the coverage they have now. Yeah alot was brought on by themselves stating the WANTED to win multiple championships(not saying they were GOING to win multiple championships....big difference)...hell even Doc Rivers himself stated the same thing in his press conference about of the negative media coverage the team and especially Lebron get. Are saying Doc Rivers is wrong or exaggerrating?

HD MM said:
Here....

2 things.

1. That was nice he apologized for "the way it happened". All I question is why did it take so long to do? And why now, after he's sitting pretty after just beating Boston? Would he have apologized after a lost?

2. The second quote, he threw his teammates under the bus big time. The team that was assembled had the best record two season in a row. The Cavs team that played this year was not the same team (minus LeBron) that played the previous 2 years. It was dismantled due to trade and/or injury.

His apology might have been after a question was asked about the diference in teams between last years Cavs and this years Heat. He apologized to last years team because he was saying he had a better team now. Find the video of the entire press... the media has a way of omitting/excluding certain things.

Finally, what difference does it make...would the Cavs fans have accepted it? NOPE....especially after "the decision". So your wasting your breath....and adding more time to "getting over it"....

Would like to see this video because I did not see anything but Lebron on one knees and some of the team members hugging...and most of the Celtics leaving within a minute of the final horn. I could be wrong... I have been before...but until I see a video stating otherwise, I stand by what I say. Now as far as the Heat being "too sensative" no other team, other than the 1st Dream Team in the 1992 summer Olympics, has had more media hanging on every single word than this team.. And I use to be part of Bulls coverage in the 1990s. The coverage is over saturaded now....most of the Bulls other than Michael could not handle the coverage they have now. Yeah alot was brought on by themselves stating the WANTED to win multiple championships(not saying they were GOING to win multiple championships....big difference)...hell even Doc Rivers himself stated the same thing in his press conference about of the negative media coverage the team and especially Lebron get. Are saying Doc Rivers is wrong or exaggerrating?

I'm not saying anything about Doc Rivers. I'm saying the Heat should just go out and win and not worry about what people say about them.

The Yankees never respond when people claim that they've bought championships. I've never responded here either. I will point out that future hall of famers have been Yankee draft picks, but I'm not going to spin anything to say that their fiscal advantage is not huge. It is. And I don't care. If someone doesn't like how much money the Yankees spend...that's their problem, not mine. I don't care of they double their payroll next year. Just win.

And speaking of Just Win...the Raiders don't care what people think of them either. For better or worse (and there has been worse recently, but there was also a lot of better), Al Davis is just going to do what he does. You don't like it? Tough. He's not even going to give you the courtesy of responding.

Bill Belicheck doesn't care how many people criticized him for going on it on fourth and one in his own territory a couple of years ago. He knows he knows more about football than just about everyone, so he didn't care about the criticism.

I have more respect for people who do what they think is best for their team and do not respond to criticism, than for those who feel slighted all the time. Develop some skin and move on.

Sandra

i saw it. it was shown immediately after the clock had all zeros on TNT. now, what i don't get is why some folks are making such a huge issue out of this. who cares.

1. That was nice he apologized for "the way it happened". All I question is why did it take so long to do? And why now, after he's sitting pretty after just beating Boston? Would he have apologized after a lost?

Good question.

Sandra

I'm not saying anything about Doc Rivers. I'm saying the Heat should just go out and win and not worry about what people say about them.

The Yankees never respond when people claim that they've bought championships. I've never responded here either. I will point out that future hall of famers have been Yankee draft picks, but I'm not going to spin anything to say that their fiscal advantage is not huge. It is. And I don't care. If someone doesn't like how much money the Yankees spend...that's their problem, not mine. I don't care of they double their payroll next year. Just win.

And speaking of Just Win...the Raiders don't care what people think of them either. For better or worse (and there has been worse recently, but there was also a lot of better), Al Davis is just going to do what he does. You don't like it? Tough. He's not even going to give you the courtesy of responding.

Bill Belicheck doesn't care how many people criticized him for going on it on fourth and one in his own territory a couple of years ago. He knows he knows more about football than just about everyone, so he didn't care about the criticism.

I have more respect for people who do what they think is best for their team and do not respond to criticism, than for those who feel slighted all the time. Develop some skin and move on.

Sandra
you make some pretty good points there. i agree. miami needs to forget what people think or say about them and just take care of business on the court. besides, its more important what the fans here think about them. we love them. and even so, you shouldn't care too much about what the fans say either but to a point because we are the ones who buy the tickets,merchandise etc etc.....

you make some pretty good points there. i agree. miami needs to forget what people think or say about them and just take care of business on the court. besides, its more important what the fans here think about them. we love them. and even so, you shouldn't care too much about what the fans say either but to a point because we are the ones who buy the tickets,merchandise etc etc.....

Exactly! If Lebron figures out a way to recruit Dwight Howard, and they all take a pay cut to fit him in under the cap...good for them. Let everybody else worry about how bad they think it is for the rest of the league. Who cares...that's their problem.

Miami fans should just care about Miami.

Sandra

rey_1178 said:

Most ...if not all comments are answers after questions by the sports media....they are not comments that just blurted out of now. I remember the three calling for a press conference to tell the media they tired of the coverage. Lol....you guys kill me.

Most ...if not all comments are answers after questions by the sports media....they are not comments that just blurted out of now. I remember the three calling for a press conference to tell the media they tired of the coverage. Lol....you guys kill me.

Meh. The sports media kills the Yankees when they don't win..and sometimes even worse when they win. They kill the Raiders, and they absolutely destroyed Belicheck.

Big deal. None of them respond. None of them care.

Sandra

i saw the live press conference immediately. i know thats what it is you're right. but still, ignoring the press and the ignorance of many who's opinions don't really count is a good move my friend. thats why i say if they want to celebrate after a win like the other night then go for it. i can take it either way. the celebrations the apologies.......... all i want is to watch and enjoy the heat play. everything else is just a filler between one game and the next

Last edited:
Exactly! If Lebron figures out a way to recruit Dwight Howard, and they all take a pay cut to fit him in under the cap...good for them. Let everybody else worry about how bad they think it is for the rest of the league. Who cares...that's their problem.

Miami fans should just care about Miami.

Sandra
agreed. although imo bringing in a fourth ego into the mix might just turn into a bomb that will eventually explode. don't get me wrong, i would love that. we need a big man with talents. i think it will be very critical that miami figures out how to better that bench next season.

SandraC said:
Meh. The sports media kills the Yankees when they don't win..and sometimes even worse when they win. They kill the Raiders, and they absolutely destroyed Belicheck.

Big deal. None of them respond. None of them care.

Sandra

None of have ever had the world wide coverage.... None of those sports are covered no where near as much as the NBA. They know Lebron James in Thailand...they have no clue who A-Rod, Darren McFadden or Tom Brady.

None of have ever had the world wide coverage.... None of those sports are covered no where near as much as the NBA. They know Lebron James in Thailand...they have no clue who A-Rod, Darren McFadden or Tom Brady.

OK when Thailand becomes the biggest factor, it's time to jump off the merry go round and let that speak for itself.

I'm just going to say that Miami should be proud of it's accomplishments, and for the people who dislike them, they should say 'Tough'.

Sandra

They don't play NBA games in Thailand, all their games are played in the US(Sans 2 in Toronto). The NFL's media coverage in the US is 5 fold compared to the NBA. More people in the US know Tom Brady compared to LeBron James. No team in the history of Sports had the media obsession/hatred as the 2007 New England Patriots.

Last edited:
They don't play NBA games in Thailand, all their games are played in the US(Sans 2 in Toronto). The NFL's media coverage in the US is 5 fold compared to the NBA. More people in the US know Tom Brady compared to LeBron James. No team in the history of Sports had the media obsession/hatred as the 2007 New England Patriots.

They may not play NBA games in Thailand, but they do have a professional basketball in Thailand AND the only "football" they play their is soccer. World wide.....the media coverage on the NBA is ten times of that of the NFL. Which was the original point. Obviously, you only read ONLY LINE in the last page or two. It depends who you ask really, go OUTSIDE the US, which was the point as far as media coverage, Brady is not as known as James is.

LOL thanks for giving him a strawman to attack! :D

Sandra