Which one to get?

What are you going to use it for?
What kind of speakers? Would 65 Wpc be enough?
What are your source components? How many HDMI inputs would you need?

Both options he is looking at have 4 HDMI inputs so I'd imagine that's enough.

I have an older model of the Pioneer VSX line and love it (albeit a 7.1 model). I also had an Onkyo receiver for about a year and was not a fan at all. Denon I believe is the parent company of Onkyo which for me would rule it out but that is just a matter of preference and opinion.

Denon has nothing to do with Onkyo. Denon is part of D&M holdings which holds Denon, Marantz, and several other companies. Onkyo and Integra are related.

S~

My personal experience would steer you away from Onkyo. Lots of bang for the buck, but that has come at the expense of durability. I have owned Denon's, and have found them to be practically bulletproof. Great sound too.

Thanks for the info..going for the 4 hdmi's and the 3d. Always had good luck with Pioneer, Sony. Never had Denon. Just thought I'd try one of these.

I bought the VSX 522K last year.Got a great deal on it,I know it was at least $30 cheaper than what it's listed for in your link.As to the receiver,plenty of connections,hdmi pass thru,sounds great.I had considered a both the Denon and Onkyo models in the same price range but,got a better deal on the pioneer.

$180 with prime

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007L8Q75G/?tag=satell01-20

I like Yamahas for their amps. Best amps in receivers. I just prefer Audyssey over Yamahas and Pioneers room correction.

S~

I've always had Yamaha receivers. Just picked up the RX-V673. Very pleased so far. A little out of your price range, but I picked up from Amazon for $358. With the new models out, price may drop even further.

Well just picked up this Onkyo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120194 for 150.00 bucks thats pretty cheap. I'd spend more but my 2, 4, 8 year old kids will probably find a way to destroy this :)

I wouldn't worry about going with Onkyo. I think they were known for having problems in the past but they seem to be better now. I have been using an Onkyo TX-NR609 7.1 receiver with a 5.1 speaker setup for about a year and a half now and I love it. I don't know anything about the particular model you picked up but from all the research that went into my purchase they are the best bang for the buck on the market and I haven't experienced any quality issues whatsoever.

My 609 came loaded with Audyssey 2EQ, THX certification, 4K scaling, DLNA support, network control from my iPad, tons of built in internet radio streaming options, etc... At the time nothing else I looked at in the price range ($379.99) offered all of those features. A year and a half later I don't regret my Onkyo purchase at all.

I've got 2 Onkyos. Look at them and the lower Denons and Yams, as noted. Pick the features/price that makes you happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)