which receivers available with purple card?

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
My neighbor(limited income,on Social Sercurity)will be losing his tv channels
because OTA DTV reception is virtually nill here.
I'm trying find the cheapest E* reciever for him so he can get "locals only" from E*.
I have an old 2800 (with old blue card). I have an extra dish and lnbs that will work.

Does anyone have or know of a cheap (used, ect) E* reciever with a purple card I can get for him?

I'm going to install it for him at no charge. But I need a really low priced receiver that will work.

He has a converter box with a 4 bay amped at 30 feet and still only gets one Digital channel. As I said OTA sucks here.

My advise would be to find a 301 or 311 on ebay. Make sure to get the card and receiver ID and call Dish to make sure it can be activated before you buy it, but that way you'd have an owned receiver. I'm pretty sure that the 301 and 311 use the purple card.

I don't think the 2800 can get a purple card.

I think if you activate the receiver Dish will send a purple card to make it work

most receivers on Ebay probably dont have the new card...check the classifieds here

according to the dishchanelchart the 2800 was updated to work like a 3700

"Models 2700 and 2800 have been software upgraded to 3700"

WOW!! I would definitely say then to see what you can find on ebay. You might be able to pick up a 2800 with a purple card or a 301/311 for less than that after shipping.

I know I wouldn't want to pay $65 for a new card.

Edit: Either that or play CSR roulette and see if a CSR will send it out cheaper than that.

And don't discuss the card with CSR - don't give him the clue for force you to pay for it.
Just subscribe your current receiver, provide only R00 and S00, you don't need to explain what kind of receiver or/and a card you have. When time will come - they will send you new card for free.
So try to subscribe to that channels what are not required the purple one, perhaps just for your local for start. If those channels will come black ( no video ) give them call, follow all they request to check this and that, they should conclude by them self and will send you new card for free. Just do not discuss any aspect of the card if they don't ask.

I used my Dad's old 2700 which had the yellow card and just called in to activate it(got locals only). It works with the locals and free channels. E* is sending a purple card for it. (just had to pay $14.95 for shipping)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts