Which RF Remotes for New HD-DVR Receiver (Unsure of Model)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

U235

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
I just ordered DirecTV and need to order 2 RF remotes for my other TV/rooms. They told me I couldn't order the remotes until I had the service installed. I'd rather get the remotes now so I can use them immediately upon installation (I'm installing an RF modulator).

I don't know which box they're sending me, but I just ordered the HD DVR today so I assume the newest one. I was looking at remotes on Ebay but it appears there are different remotes for different models. Is there any safe remote version I can buy that will be compatible with the latest receiver DirecTV will ship me?

Thanks,
Brian

Try creating your online account at DirecTV and then after you logon there should be a My Setup box on the top of the screen which if you move your pointer over it has a section for ordering remotes.

Try creating your online account at DirecTV and then after you logon there should be a My Setup box on the top of the screen which if you move your pointer over it has a section for ordering remotes.

Yeah I get an error saying I can't manage my account online and that I need to call. Thanks though.

Ask them for the phone number of the installer & let them know you want 2 additional remotes. The installer might have extras on the truck anyway.

ALL white RF remotes no matter what model of remote it is, will work with ALL Directv branded receivers with RF remote capabilities.

On ebay, just look for RC64R or RC64RB, difference is the RC64RB has backlighting. Older models like the rc24, rc34 or rc32rf will work as well.

Non-RF remotes include rc16, rc23, rc32, and rc64.

ALL white RF remotes no matter what model of remote it is, will work with ALL Directv branded receivers with RF remote capabilities.

On ebay, just look for RC64R or RC64RB, difference is the RC64RB has backlighting. Older models like the rc24, rc34 or rc32rf will work as well.

Non-RF remotes include rc16, rc23, rc32, and rc64.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)