Which Satellite Discussion Website do you prefer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Freya1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
at home OR at work
Just a fun poll

Witch satellite discussion site do you prefer? Witch site do you find more enjoyable and informative. What site do more frequently visit?

SatelliteGuys or DBSTalk?

I think it depends on which DBS provider youre most interested in. The majority of SatGuys posts are about Voom and some posts on Dish.

I think DBSTalk has more discussions about Direct and Dish than Voom

Some posts on Dish? Are you on drugs?

There's a ton of Dish posts here. The membership at SG also tends to be a little less emotionally attached to Dish. Scott, a Dish retailer himself, isn't afraid to point out Dish's mistakes and shortcomings.

Dbstalk tends to have a few more Dishites, Dishies, and Dish Kissers, who have a strange emotional attachment to a company and brand, and get all frothy around the mouth with knee-jerk, passionate, defenses of their beloved utility company.

OTOH, both sites have lots of good info, and many knowledgable members. But, I give the slight nod to SG.

It tells me there are more new Voom posts right now.

OTOH, this site's Dish Forums were much busier than dbstalk during and for quite a while after the Team Summit. It also is busier during and after Charlie Chats, Tech Chats, and especially, Retailer Chats. At least it seems that way to me.

This question is like going to a Red Sox -vs - Yankess game at Yankee Stadium and asking all the fans in attendence which team is better. Of course the Yankees would win (yuck)

However same two teams but this time playing in Fenway Park and the answer would be the Red Sox.

I am very proud of our forum and proud of the fact that 98% of all posts here are Satellite Related, while the other site is seems like there are more posts in their potpourri forum lately.

I carefully monitor our site and other sites to judge what we are doing good, and what we need to improve.

Our DirecTV side of things needs improvement, and I am actually working on a deal now which should help things there.

But if you look at who has had the most news first about DirecTV, I think you will find we have done a better job then other forums. I have made some great contacts at DirecTV and they are starting to open up to us, and we have been getting tidbits of items before anyone else. I am happy with that, although I do want to see it improve more.

I am always looking for new features to add to the site to improve the service to you, I am also tweeking our server to give you the best perfomance possible. I am proud of the fact that we are now one of the fastest forums I know. :)

I also know that we can't talk Satellite all the time, which is why I am proud to offer the largest Arcade of any Satellite Forum.

And also at night besides dedicating my time to my family, after they are sleeping I am working hard behind the scenes on SatellitGuys Radio. (Some BIG changes coming there soon) SatelliteGuys Radio lets you enjoy some of the best music from the 70's to today!

I am very proud of the fact that SatelliteGuys works hard to bring you breaking news first. I know when I say "You can read it on SatelliteGuys first or you can read it somewhere else later" its not a dig at other sites its just the truth.

It pisses me off when I break some big news, and then some dopey admin at another site posts something to their site or front page, "It is being rumored" or "Reports are" but I guess thats part of doing this I guess. :) And let me make it clear that is NOT only DBSTalk that I am talking about here, other sites do it as well. Since I use to run DBSTalk people think when I make comments about other sites that I am always talking about DBSTalk, because I am not.

In the past you may have seen me act like an ass defending my work, but hey in reality I built up two great sites, DBSTalk and SatelliteGuys. When I left DBSTalk I faught with them as I was defending what I built. Now that I have left there if you have been a long time member you have seen an obvious decline in quality. (well at least from where I sit) and now that I am the captain of my own ship, I still feel I must do what I must to defend it and help it grow. :)

Let me correct one thing I am NOT a Dish Network retailer, I do however program the store at DishStore.NET, it is because of DishStore.NET and the kind donations of our members that we are able to pay our bills. :)

Remember folks, none of us get paid for doing this. This is a hobby to all of us who work hard to bring you SatelliteGuys.US! If it was not for all of you guys and your suggestings and comments we would not be as big as we are today!

We thank everyone for their support of SatelliteGuys. :D

I am a member of both boards but I spend the vast majority of my time here. To me Sat. Guys just provides a more friendly environment, more tolerant membership, less attack dogs.

Keep up the good work Scott! It is appreciated. :D

NightRyder

HERE HERE scott,
I found this sight by accident after being a member at DBS. I have not gone back. As some may know, I am a Moderator for www.Hdtvoice.com , If we ever need info about satellite, we research here and direct our members to this forum. Why do we do this when we have our own spot for satellite? Because no where else can you get the insight to the business or technology than here. Hands down this is the best place for satellite.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Our DirecTV side of things needs improvement, and I am actually working on a deal now which should help things there.

YEA! I know it's a bear to get any 'leaks' on D* happenings but we need something to even out the Voom'ers posts here ;)

Also any thoughts on starting to retail D* hardware at the store or are you leaving that to the big box stores?

I too spend time at all three dbs sites. It depends on the day and what is going on as to which one I spend more time at. Each of the sites have their advantages and disadvantages, because of this I did not and will not vote on this.

Scott, I have been guilty of posting info from this site at one or both of the other sites in the past but I think I have always given you credit when credit is due, I hope you do not mind?

None of the forums I'm aware of use witches. :p

(This is best for technical issues, DBS Talk for ultra-leftist politics. If I want to talk shop, this looks to be the best place. I install Dish day-to-day. Bring on the rest of the DishPro switch family!)

NightRyder said:
To me Sat. Guys just provides a more friendly environment, more tolerant membership, less attack dogs.

Couldn't agree more. There seems to be a little more thought and rationality in the discussions, disagreements, and debates. And, a little more cleverness and wit in the humor. Definitely less rage, hate, and hostility.

Scott,

Just a dig, but "WITCH" is a noun meaning "a person that practices Witchcraft. "WHICH" is an adverb to ask for clarification on the subject.

John

I found out about the forums when only one main forum was around which was DBSDish at the time before it became DBSForums from a Charlie Chat a LONG time ago, perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. If this site got some mentions on Sirius radio then that would help this site grow TREMENDOUSLY!

zubinh said:
As of right now there are 4 new Directv forum posts, 8 new Dish forum posts and 29 new Voom posts.

What does that tell you?

That currently VOOMers have more to talk about. Dish users have rehashed in minutia every shortcoming of the 811 since inception. Same with the 921. We have run out of new things to talk about regarding DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)