Which satellite has the most FTA channels in the wold?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd hazzard a guess its a satellite over Europe

I'd say one of these
28.2E
19.2E
13E

Some of those orbital slots they have 4 satellites there with oodles of channels. Heck I just checked Lyngsat and 13E has almost 500 FTA channels on it

I'd say one of these
28.2E
19.2E
13E

Some of those orbital slots they have 4 satellites there with oodles of channels. Heck I just checked Lyngsat and 13E has almost 500 FTA channels on it

According to sathint, not only does the 13E slot have the most, but the top two FTA satellites are also at that location (Hot Bird 8 and Hot Bird 6). (NOTE: sathint numbers show the total number of FTA TV and radio channels).

Last edited:
Iceberg said:

I'd say one of these
28.2E
19.2E
13E

Just not fair I tell ya....500 fta channels! :eek:

Just finished a channel search for "FTA" using a preset transponder list of Hotbird 13 East, the result is 460 TV and 267 radio stations. I watch like 3 stations of them, mostly gospel when my wife forces me to do so. Most Germans prefer Astra 1 19.2 East, and English speaking people the British Astra 2 satellites at 28.2 East. Among the 30 satellites I can point my antenna at, there are some more interesting ones from Arabia, Russia or South Africa. For example some Arabian satellites air American series and movies, mostly with Arabic subtitles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts