Another OpenBox scanning question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotTy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Wa
After weeks of goofing around with this box, I have not been able to get 2 channels I really want. According to Lyngsat,KEPR & KIMA are FTA. (Galaxy 3 (95`W) 4167V). There are actually 4 with the same transponder. KUNP is the only one of the 4 I can get. One of the others looks like a feed from a local station. The last two are always black.
I also noticed on the main page (Free TV From The United States), both KEPR & KIMA are labeled under the "Beam" column as "North American C". Just those two are labeled & not the others & it's those two I can't get.
Is there any way to tune those in? I have played around with the scanning functions but they will not come in. Is there a trick to do special searches?

Ahh, the list. It does say those 2 channels are feeds.
Thanks.

yeah those 2 stations are not on 24/7. Check during the national programming times

I know I've seen TPIR, Y&R, the Talk and Lets Make a Deal on those channels

hmmm. THE LIST. thanks. never noticed it here before, been lookin at lyngsat. I learn something here everyday.

Also anything on thelist (C-Band side) is what I can pick up with my 6 footer here in Minnesota (I update that part). Now I dont update it constantly because I have to wheel my big dish out and move it to each satellite manually and scan....and latelly its been too cold to do that ;)

Also anything on thelist (C-Band side) is what I can pick up with my 6 footer here in Minnesota (I update that part). Now I dont update it constantly because I have to wheel my big dish out and move it to each satellite manually and scan....and latelly its been too cold to do that ;)
As I look at the list, the only satellite I can't find is F3. F3 is not even listed in the C band tiles on the 922 but it is listed under the Ku satellites but I don't have Ku. So I carefully moved my dish a little at a time from SAT5 to T7 checking for a signal on each the 922 & the Openbox. I also did this with the 922 set first on channel 1 & then did it again set on channel 2 in an effort to change polarity. The List, Skyvisions' FTA list & Lyngsat all list F3 as C-band except at Skyvision's "Satellite Arc" page which lists F3 as Ku. So am I hunting a ghost?
I work outdoors in the sleet & rain & wind for 8 hours a day. I currently have no work for this week so the sun comes out & is warm today. I'm glad I don't have to wheel my dish because the second I step outside, it'll start sleeting & raining again & my neighbors will get mad at me.

As I look at the list, the only satellite I can't find is F3. F3 is not even listed in the C band tiles on the 922 but it is listed under the Ku satellites but I don't have Ku. So I carefully moved my dish a little at a time from SAT5 to T7 checking for a signal on each the 922 & the Openbox. I also did this with the 922 set first on channel 1 & then did it again set on channel 2 in an effort to change polarity. The List, Skyvisions' FTA list & Lyngsat all list F3 as C-band except at Skyvision's "Satellite Arc" page which lists F3 as Ku. So am I hunting a ghost?
I work outdoors in the sleet & rain & wind for 8 hours a day. I currently have no work for this week so the sun comes out & is warm today. I'm glad I don't have to wheel my dish because the second I step outside, it'll start sleeting & raining again & my neighbors will get mad at me.

WOW! What a dumb question! E1 = F3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts