Another OpenBox scanning question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotTy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Wa
After weeks of goofing around with this box, I have not been able to get 2 channels I really want. According to Lyngsat,KEPR & KIMA are FTA. (Galaxy 3 (95`W) 4167V). There are actually 4 with the same transponder. KUNP is the only one of the 4 I can get. One of the others looks like a feed from a local station. The last two are always black.
I also noticed on the main page (Free TV From The United States), both KEPR & KIMA are labeled under the "Beam" column as "North American C". Just those two are labeled & not the others & it's those two I can't get.
Is there any way to tune those in? I have played around with the scanning functions but they will not come in. Is there a trick to do special searches?

Ahh, the list. It does say those 2 channels are feeds.
Thanks.

yeah those 2 stations are not on 24/7. Check during the national programming times

I know I've seen TPIR, Y&R, the Talk and Lets Make a Deal on those channels

hmmm. THE LIST. thanks. never noticed it here before, been lookin at lyngsat. I learn something here everyday.

Also anything on thelist (C-Band side) is what I can pick up with my 6 footer here in Minnesota (I update that part). Now I dont update it constantly because I have to wheel my big dish out and move it to each satellite manually and scan....and latelly its been too cold to do that ;)

Also anything on thelist (C-Band side) is what I can pick up with my 6 footer here in Minnesota (I update that part). Now I dont update it constantly because I have to wheel my big dish out and move it to each satellite manually and scan....and latelly its been too cold to do that ;)
As I look at the list, the only satellite I can't find is F3. F3 is not even listed in the C band tiles on the 922 but it is listed under the Ku satellites but I don't have Ku. So I carefully moved my dish a little at a time from SAT5 to T7 checking for a signal on each the 922 & the Openbox. I also did this with the 922 set first on channel 1 & then did it again set on channel 2 in an effort to change polarity. The List, Skyvisions' FTA list & Lyngsat all list F3 as C-band except at Skyvision's "Satellite Arc" page which lists F3 as Ku. So am I hunting a ghost?
I work outdoors in the sleet & rain & wind for 8 hours a day. I currently have no work for this week so the sun comes out & is warm today. I'm glad I don't have to wheel my dish because the second I step outside, it'll start sleeting & raining again & my neighbors will get mad at me.

As I look at the list, the only satellite I can't find is F3. F3 is not even listed in the C band tiles on the 922 but it is listed under the Ku satellites but I don't have Ku. So I carefully moved my dish a little at a time from SAT5 to T7 checking for a signal on each the 922 & the Openbox. I also did this with the 922 set first on channel 1 & then did it again set on channel 2 in an effort to change polarity. The List, Skyvisions' FTA list & Lyngsat all list F3 as C-band except at Skyvision's "Satellite Arc" page which lists F3 as Ku. So am I hunting a ghost?
I work outdoors in the sleet & rain & wind for 8 hours a day. I currently have no work for this week so the sun comes out & is warm today. I'm glad I don't have to wheel my dish because the second I step outside, it'll start sleeting & raining again & my neighbors will get mad at me.

WOW! What a dumb question! E1 = F3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)