Which satellite system should I buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now, with that in mind with the original receiver models, can Needshelp switch back and forth at will between the GloryStar mode and the Advanced mode? I am sure that she and her husband would like to check it out so that they can see what is available, but they may wish to switch back if they decide they don't care to view the other freebies available. I'd opt for the advanced mode myself, to get full use of at least that one satellite's offerings, but the perk to update the Glorystar channels would also be important and a really neat function.
yes. A master reset kicks you back to that screen. I've switched between the two a few times to see how slick the updates work on the G* side. Heck when channels are going to be launched there is a slate in the G* mode that says "coming soon" and lists the channel name. Also there are 4 "slates" which are built into the G* software that say "welcome to Glorystar", a slate for installers, a slate of channel changes, and the 4th I forget ;) These dont work on the advanced side

edit: found a thread with those slates on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/255057-geosat-pro-200-software-glitch-after.html

With the new MicoHD receiver, will the original GloryStar mode be made available, eventually? Or is that up in the air at this time?
Brian said down the road that will be an option

Last edited:
Now, with that in mind with the original receiver models, can Needshelp switch back and forth at will between the GloryStar mode and the Advanced mode? I am sure that she and her husband would like to check it out so that they can see what is available, but they may wish to switch back if they decide they don't care to view the other freebies available. I'd opt for the advanced mode myself, to get full use of at least that one satellite's offerings, but the perk to update the Glorystar channels would also be important and a really neat function.

If I read Needshelp correctly, I think that she and her husband will enjoy the full gambit of all the FTA channels available and thus want to use the Advanced Mode, even though they may desire to focus on the religious channels. They can learn how to screen out, block or delete the channels that they don't care for. Of course, we can all help them with that scenario as they get into the whole thing and start discovering what is up there and what they want to watch.
Just FYI... I use the Hobby mode, but I made a fav for the Glorystar mode. I do not get the unique Glorystar channel numbers, but it gives me MY Favorite Christian Networks, in my choice of order. This is relatively easy to do.

2nd point: We are not trying to sell you on the MicroHD, even though Brian is the designer and has taken hundreds of our requests and built a receiver around them. As an example, my MAIN request is 12 VDC operation. I am off grid, and my inverters waste over 23% of my charging current in convertion inefficiency, therefore usage time. IE.: on inverter I can use the TV for about 50 minutes on 12 VDC, I was still watching after 5 hours!

Brian is not going to release this unit UNTIL it is ready for us and it WILL be ready soon. BTW, this latest delay allowed me to buy a new dual core computer that runs on 12 VDC this week. So I am back on the internet and satguys.

needshelp:

As a former subscriber to the original (Satellite-based) SkyAngel, I can understand wanting a Christian-based programming system you can trust. I left SkyAngel when they made too many changes to the channel lineup (seemingly dropping conservative programming and adding more of programming that wasnt my type)

While I've never dealt directly with Brian or SatelliteAv..All indications are that they are top notch in service..I would buy from them in a heartbeat..And I've received great help from the forums here in the last 3 years I've been here..You can trust this place to give you good advice..God Bless on your decision..

Ceremonial Rights

I'm assuming thats a Nova Scotia joke? ;)
In past, I survived the ceremonial procedure handed down from ancient times by Newfoundland Screechers including unspeakable acts involving cod fish...I keep in hiding my certificate to prove what I say.
Ceremonial Certificate.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)