Which satellite system should I buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CTN is scrambled on my receiver. Does Glorystar unscramble?

no. The G* receiver works the same as every other receiver out there. The channel is in the clear. Pic taken oh a minute ago from the CS5000

Attachments

• PICT0079.JPG
    PICT0079.JPG
    863 KB · Views: 115
They're not the same channel ;)

CTN on 12060-Christan Television Network
CTN on 11995-Cambodian Television Network

Kinda like when "CTV" showed up in the list and folks thought it was CTV from Canada...and not CTV from Cambodia or something like that ;)

With a fixed dish on Galaxy 19 at 97W, I receive 267 TV channels. 46 of those are scrambled and not viewable. Many, many of the remaining channels are religious oriented. You can receive them all with a fixed dish. If you eventually install a motor, then you can catch a lot of other interesting viewing too. A motor is worthwhile if you have access to an open sky.

What religious channels are you looking for?

How many channels are is English?? Wow - lots of different langages!

Glorystar recording info

OK, Brian, aka Satellite AV. I have some questions for you about recording on Glorystar:

How do I program in advance?
Can I record to the DVR and then transfer shows to DVD?

needshelp said:
How do I program in advance?
Can I record to the DVR and then transfer shows to DVD?

To set a DVR timer select the channel name, frequency (once, daily, werkly) start date, start time and duration. The recording could be today, tomorrow or 10 years from now....

You may watch recordings on the TV or transfer the recordings to view on any computer or archive on any drive or on the cloud. If you wish to transfer and burn the recordings to DVD using your computer, use commonly available software like Video ReDo or iSoft.

Thought so! lol! :) The issue I have with Glorystar is the low number of Christian TV channels that I want.
Can I get all of Galaxy 19 channels on a fixed satellite somehow?

Needshelp,

This is where I was trying to inform you of the "hobbyist mode" with the GloryStar equipment in our PM conversations.

Brian, can you address this. I was not sure if I understood all of the specifics, but I thought that there was a mode that the end user could access to get ALL the FTA channels with the GloryStar receivers. I thought it was referred to as the "hobbyist mode".

RADAR

During the activation of a GEOSATpro DSR or DVR receiver the user may choose either the GloryStar mode or the Advanced mode. In the Advanced mode the receiver is a typical FTA STB and the user may scan any channel on any satellite. In the GloryStar mode the receiver is automatically updated with the Christian channels from Galaxy 19.

During the initial release of the new microHD the GloryStar activation option will not be available. The microHD is being released as a hobbyist receiver.

Excellent! Thank you Brian.

This is what I was attempting to relay to Needshelp.

Now, with that in mind with the original receiver models, can Needshelp switch back and forth at will between the GloryStar mode and the Advanced mode? I am sure that she and her husband would like to check it out so that they can see what is available, but they may wish to switch back if they decide they don't care to view the other freebies available. I'd opt for the advanced mode myself, to get full use of at least that one satellite's offerings, but the perk to update the Glorystar channels would also be important and a really neat function.

With the new MicoHD receiver, will the original GloryStar mode be made available, eventually? Or is that up in the air at this time?

If I read Needshelp correctly, I think that she and her husband will enjoy the full gambit of all the FTA channels available and thus want to use the Advanced Mode, even though they may desire to focus on the religious channels. They can learn how to screen out, block or delete the channels that they don't care for. Of course, we can all help them with that scenario as they get into the whole thing and start discovering what is up there and what they want to watch.

Needshelp,

I hope that you will reflect on our PM conversations and utilize the information that I presented to you there and the advise and information which is presented here in this thread.

You can certainly feel confident in our advise. No one here will hornswaggle you into doing anything that you don't want to do. Your decision is your own. We pride ourselves in representing the scenario to you with all the facts and information that you should find important and then allowing you to make your own decision based on the facts. You'll have to gel the information down and make every decision on your own, of course. We don't talk you into anything. It's like the old show... THE FBI.... Just the Facts, Mam. :) You understand.

So, you gather the information like I told you, ask the pertinent questions and then make your decision.

I will, however, recommend the GloryStar equipment from SatelliteAV and Brian Gohl. That is my opinion and recommendation to you for what you are initially looking for. I sincerely don't think that you can go wrong here for the religious channels that you desire and for the option to open more FTA possibilities for you. But, you have to make the decision between you and your husband.

You can count on all of us to assist, nearly any time of day or night with whatever equipment you decide to purchase. There is always someone here that knows a good deal about nearly everything that is available to you. So you won't ever be left in the dark regarding the technical aspects.

Keep up your research and select what you think is best for you. We'll help you out if you run into a bind or don't understand something. And, as Brian said, with the GloryStar equipment, it's basically a breeze.

Best of luck and "Keep Looking Up"! That's a quote from one of my favorite people, Dr. Jack Horkheimer, the Star Hustler / Star Gazer....

jack horkheimer: star gazer - YouTube

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts