which satellites could I reach from the midwest?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Enragedalbinoyak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
A guy I called from extremeFTA said I should be able to catch signals from satellites in germany. With a 32" dish...

I'm not looking for a whole lot, but my big project for this summer, as I won't be working or going to school will be to teach myself german (or at least start). I figure it'd behoove me to have german content lying around the house to help immerse myself, and therefore a couple of satellite channels in german would be great.

Can I get any of that crap from minnesota?

Anyone know?

nein

Well, you cannot get any satellites flying over Germany, that's for sure.
But if you mean German content on satellites flying over North America,,, I am not aware of any.
edit: ... Free To Air, on Ku band.

Last edited:
Occasionally I have seen channels showing DW-TV.

Most of the time it is shown on C-Band but I have seen it a few times on one of the New York Network channels on 79.0°W AMC 5 Ku.

DW-TV is great if you can get it. A friend gets it on his C-Band dish, and the news shows are really informative. They are shown both in English and in German :)

The only satellites we can see are those over North America (and a few with beams pointed at North America that orbit over the Atlantic). Satellites on the other side of the planet are below the horizon.

Thanks guys. I assumed the guy didn't know what he was talking about, but then again I also had to assume he knew better than I, which put me in a strange spot...

You can watch DW tv on Galaxy 25 ku band, they have an hour newsbroadcast on the Safe TV channel, and On one of the New York net transponders, on amc 5.

I can get lots of programming here in Minnesota. I wouldn't call it all crap (just some of it...and some of the video does look like crap especially some of the Arabic stations) ;)

Some of those Arabic stations look more like a rug than any sort of picture. Lots of color with no definition at all. Maybe I got on the "Rug wholesale" channel by mistake.

:)

You can watch DW tv on Galaxy 25 ku band, they have an hour newsbroadcast on the Safe TV channel, and On one of the New York net transponders, on amc 5.
so is it always in German, or is it only occasionally in German?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts