Which signal meter should I upgrade to? Only have an analog one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi ken2400,

Not sure if you're asking whether an analog meter will work today, or if you're in the market for an upgrade.
I recently used my old analog Pico Peaker from the early 90's, to peak my dish and it worked fine.
Most analog meters are able to find digital signals as well, as I found out first hand.

John

Looking to upgrade from my real basic analog meter and go digital.
Thanks
Hi ken2400,

Not sure if you're asking whether an analog meter will work today, or if you're in the market for an upgrade.
I recently used my old analog Pico Peaker from the early 90's, to peak my dish and it worked fine.
Most analog meters are able to find digital signals as well, as I found out first hand.

John

Make sure that whatever meter you choose that it does at minimum DVBS2 8psk. Many meters only do DVBS QPSK and some satellites no longer have any DVBS signals.

Keep your eye open on Craigslist or Ebay for a Satbuddy AI Turbo. Often can find a used one for $350-$400. AI just came out with a new model, so some installers are selling to upgrade. One of the best meters available from an excellent company.

Reactions: Ziptied and KE4EST
I had a Sat Hero 200 which I liked very much until it fell out of my hands from about 18 feet up to its death then I picked up a Sat Hero 300HD..It does not have the issues with S2 signals like the 200 and also has a SA...Not a high end SA but still there...Also it will handle 16APSK signals.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
I have the Sathero 200 also, it works really well except on the signals I need it most for. I think I will look into that Sathero 300HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)