Which steps should I take once I get the MicroHD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's a little different in the microHD. However, if you click on "OK" you will see all the channels on the satellite you are on (careful, you may be on "All Satellites"). If you would like to change to another satellite and its list, select the left arrow key next to the zero button and choose your satellite. It will move to the satellite and show you the channel list. As far as sorting and deleting, the only way to do that is in the main menu.

It's a little different in the microHD. However, if you click on "OK" you will see all the channels on the satellite you are on (careful, you may be on "All Satellites"). If you would like to change to another satellite and its list, select the left arrow key next to the zero button and choose your satellite. It will move to the satellite and show you the channel list. As far as sorting and deleting, the only way to do that is in the main menu.

Actually that's the way I have been doing it. But then you have to scroll down a single list to find the channel you want to watch. If there is 20 channels or less on that Sat, then no big deal, But when there is more than fifty or a hundred, it pretty much sux to have to scroll down a single list starting from the first channel in the list in order to get to the middle of the list for example. And the same with the Sats. My Sats programmed in start with the CBands then the KU, with 139W being the first in the list. And if I want to select 105W in the list for example, I then have to go thru all the satellites that precede this in order to get to that one. While the MHD PQ exceeds that of the S9, it's lagging a bit behind then, pertaining to other features by not having a multiples column for sats and channels. I figured this was the norm by now, and that all receivers had these features pretty much. Other than those two things, can't think of anything else I don't like about the MHD.

For some reason it went over my head your reply about the arrow keys next to the zero, in regards to the Sats list. I just now figured out what you were referring to then gave it a try. That feature I for sure like. That sure makes things easier. So now it's only one thing I dislike about the MHD, and that's that the channels can't be selected in a different manner than what I have been doing. Unless that went over my head as well, your response to that.

BTW, I did get the Owner's Manual when I purchased this, but have since misplaced the box it came in, otherwise I would have looked in there before making that last post you replied to.

There's TWO things I do to help me:

1: Set a FAVORITES list of the channels you use most. They don't all need to be on one sat.

OR:
2: I go into the menu, and MOVE all the main channels I watch up the "All Satellite" list until they all start at #1, and go consecutively after each other. So all my channels, regardless of the sat they are on, are all handly and I don't have to search for them. Takes a bit of time the first time you do this, but it sure works better for me. So now when I hit the OK button, there's all my channels front and center. I don't have to hit Up or Down 57 or 500 times to find one of them

There's TWO things I do to help me:

1: Set a FAVORITES list of the channels you use most. They don't all need to be on one sat.

OR:
2: I go into the menu, and MOVE all the main channels I watch up the "All Satellite" list until they all start at #1, and go consecutively after each other. So all my channels, regardless of the sat they are on, are all handly and I don't have to search for them. Takes a bit of time the first time you do this, but it sure works better for me. So now when I hit the OK button, there's all my channels front and center. I don't have to hit Up or Down 57 or 500 times to find one of them

But what if you don't really have any FAVs on 97W Ku for instance? It would still be much easier if there were a similar feature like on the S9, where one can right click with the arrow and it brings up a sub menu that has multiple columns with the channels listed that way. That way you don't have to painstakenly go through 250 plus channels on a sat in a single column in order to see what's on this channel, what's on that channel, etc. am I the only one to have ever brought something like this up before? It seems to me that many would like a feature like that, since it makes life easier. But to use the left or right arrows while in the channel list on the MHD will not bring up a sub menu like this, it instead puts you on a different sat. So maybe then, it's not possible to put a feature like this in a future FW release, since it might mean it would be conflicting with the way the way the receiver currently operates in the Channels list with the arrows on the remote and all?

But what if you don't really have any FAVs on 97W Ku for instance? It would still be much easier if there were a similar feature like on the S9, where one can right click with the arrow and it brings up a sub menu that has multiple columns with the channels listed that way. That way you don't have to painstakenly go through 250 plus channels on a sat in a single column in order to see what's on this channel, what's on that channel, etc. am I the only one to have ever brought something like this up before? It seems to me that many would like a feature like that, since it makes life easier. But to use the left or right arrows while in the channel list on the MHD will not bring up a sub menu like this, it instead puts you on a different sat. So maybe then, it's not possible to put a feature like this in a future FW release, since it might mean it would be conflicting with the way the way the receiver currently operates in the Channels list with the arrows on the remote and all?

It is, what it is.

Perhaps you should stay with the S9 then, while you put in a request with Brian to see if he can make the changes you suggest.

I also liked that feature with the s9 but as primestar said it is what it is. Seems like I remember this being discussed in an earlier thread and for one reason or another Brian decided not to go that route. Back when I had Directv you could scroll through the guide one page at a time with the up and down channel buttons, It would be nice to see something like that in a future receiver although I will hopefully not be replacing my MicroHD any time soon.:)

. Back when I had Directv you could scroll through the guide one page at a time with the up and down channel buttons, It would be nice to see something like that in a future receiver although I will hopefully not be replacing my MicroHD any time soon.:)

All of my five Fta receivers have this feature. I am truly surprised the MicroHD doesn't do this. Even pwrsurge fixed this on the azbox minime

All of my five Fta receivers have this feature. I am truly surprised the MicroHD doesn't do this. Even pwrsurge fixed this on the azbox minime

There are significant limitations when developing firmware on receivers that use a SDK based chipset such as Ali or Novatek as it limits the areas you are able to customize.

Other receivers that don't rely on a SDK such as the AzBox miniMe American Edition pretty much have an open canvas so developers can can code any feature that the receiver is technically able to support. However, development costs are higher as it is more difficult and time consuming when you don't have a SDK which is why these receivers are more expensive.

Didn't think I needed to start a new thread so I'm posting this in this one instead. Unfortunately I'm having an issue with KU again. For the life of me I can't figure out whether it's the MicroHD causing the problem, or my SG2100. I've been meaning to post about this awhile back, but this happened towards the holidays and I never got around to posting about it.

A few weeks ago I sent the dish to 72W except it didn't stop there, it went east as far as the dish could go. tho I had the limits set which should have stopped the dish from traveling that far east, but it didn't. For a day or two I couldn't get the dish to travel back west no matter what I did. So I eventually had to unattach the motor from the pole and bring it inside where I hooked it straight into the MHD. I took the motor apart first once I had it inside. I finally got it to move freely again.

So now while I'm thinking about it, the fact I have the motor inside of my house, I wanted to try and see what it was doing, especially with USALS since I have never gotten USAALS to work with my dish since I first purchased the MHD. Before anyone asks, I am fairly positive I have my longitude and latitude configured properly in the MHD. So I don't think that's the problem. But just in case, here's how I have it configured. Long 094.04E Lat 33.43N

The first thing I did after getting the motor traveling freely again, I sent the motor to ZERO, then reset it. I Know it resat because the lights blinked orange. Now I set up 72W for USALS and sent the motor to that position, except it kept traveling way beyond that position, pretty much geeting close to where it can't travel any further. I of course stopped it before it got that far. So I then sent it back to ZERO, except it wasn't heading west, it was trying to head east instead. I then got it back to ZERO with the button on the motor, did yet another reset, This time I wanted to try something different. With the button on the motor I then sent the motor west quite a bit. Since 72W was set up as USALS I then told it ti go to ZERO. The motor position definetely started heading east, but it did not stop on ZERO to save my lfe. As a matter of fact, it didn't stop at all until I stopped it. It again was trying to travel as far as the motor could travel, to the point where it can't travel any further.

With all of this in mind, what would be suspect? The MHD or the motor? Before you think you might know, I do have an older STB that I hooked the motor up to while I had it inside the house. It had no problem going back to ZERO when using USALS, nor did it ever attempt to keep traveling as far east as it could go. It always stopped on the positions I sent it to.

Didn't read your post in detail, but are you sure you have your coordinates set correctly for your own location for USALS? For example, haven't entered East for latitude instead of West?

LOL at myself for being such an idiot at times. I think that's what it was. I had E selected instead of W. I just tried 87W with USALS and it stopped dead on. Am now doing a scan and it's scanning in channels I recognize from that bird. Will try 72 W next and see what happens. Thanks for bringing up an easy solution to this, which I should already know, the fact I've had a motorized dish 10 years or better now, which I personally setup and tracked by myself. Don't know why I got the E and W mixed up this time, since I don't recall having done that in the past with other receivers. Oh well, I blame it on getting old, lol.

You were too close to the issue. This is the kind of thing you would have realized if you had come back to it at a later time. First thing I ask myself when I have a problem is if I really have one or only think I have one.

You were too close to the issue. This is the kind of thing you would have realized if you had come back to it at a later time. First thing I ask myself when I have a problem is if I really have one or only think I have one.

I used to have excellent focus. There was a time when I rarely made mistakes, especially obvious ones. To give an example of my poor focus these days. This past summer when I was taking my dog out, not that I haven't taken my dog out since summer, I noticed my wife was painting the railing on the steps of our front porch. I of course kept my hands off the railing as I walked down the steps with my dog. 10 or 15 minutes later when I'm bringing the dog back up the steps, the very first thing I do is grab a hold of the railing like an idiot, even though I noticed my wife painting this moments earlier. That's the kind of focus I have these days. Maybe it's my PC messing up my focus, and not so much my age(almost 56), since I've been known to sit in front of it 12 to 14 hours at a time on occasion.

But anyway, definetely what it was. I had E selected insted of W. It's now stopping where it should, except nothing is scanning in at 72W. Also tried 125W and 103W. Nothing there as well. I suspect I need to do a little tweaking out at the dish is all, the fact I had the motor off the pole a few weeks back.

Something else I was wondering. I live in Nash, Tx. And if I check my Long and Lat via the web, different sites give different results. Whichone should I trust to be correct, or does it even matter all that much if one site says your Long in 94.04 while another site says it is 94.37, as an example?

Use dishpointer.com. Click your mouse at your exact location on the map and you've got your exact coordinates.

That lack of focus is a feature, not a bug. Your brain discards unimportant info to free it for important stuff. Imagine if you remembered every single little detail. It's a disease called hyperthymesia and you wouldn't want it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts