Which subchannels don't have local carriage agreements?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Which subchannels don't have local agreements and could be carried nationally like GetTV?
The only reason GetTV has a national deal is their owner (Sony). GetTV also supplies all the commercials for the affiliates (whereas most other diginets have agreements with the affiliates to share the advertising)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
The only other examples I know of where a "digitnet" is on Dish is some EXTREME cases
-the subchannel is part time MeTV/AntennaTV/something and also a My affiliate. There are a couple cases where it is carried
-the diginet is on the -1 of a station which qualifies for must carry.
-the sub is a full time affiliate but does have some local stuff. Duluth, MN MeTV affiliate (WDIO-DT2) is on Dish. They also carry the MN High School tourney games (from their sister station in Minneapolis)

But these are extreme cases (maybe a dozen tops) and not the norm.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Lafayette La Market: My Antenna/This TV are not on cable, the KXKW 32.1/32.2. I asked Cox why and well they never gave me a straight answer. The Heroes/Icons and the MeTV are on cable because 1. KDCG was put on cox after a long drawnout agreement in 2006 and 2. KLWB was our old CW affiliation but when they lost that (fixing to lose the KBCA one too) This TV was on Cable for awhile until MeTV entered the Subchannel world and knocked it off....

Antenna was on Cox Cable 9 (KDCG) for 3 years till it was replaced by the H&I.

I guess you can say KXKW-LD 32 is the dumping ground for subchannels that were formerly on cox....funny both these owned buy Tribune also....I look for the H&I to be dropped to 50.3, off KDCG, and or added to KXKW soon....

Lafayette La Market: My Antenna/This TV are not on cable, the KXKW 32.1/32.2. I asked Cox why and well they never gave me a straight answer. The Heroes/Icons and the MeTV are on cable because 1. KDCG was put on cox after a long drawnout agreement in 2006 and 2. KLWB was our old CW affiliation but when they lost that (fixing to lose the KBCA one too) This TV was on Cable for awhile until MeTV entered the Subchannel world and knocked it off....
KLWB 50-1 (MeTV) qualifies for must carry as it is a full powered station. Thats why its on cable. The fact it **was** CW has nothing to do with it now. Its full powered so it gets must carry (regardless of programming)

The other 2 stations (KDCG-CD and KXKW-LD) are both low powered and thus dont automatically get Must Carry. The owner can request it, but the cable co can say no. Now to even further convolute it, KDCG is a Class A station. In a nutshell it has some protection against another station knocking it off the air...they also have to produce 2 hours of local programming a week.

So why is AntennaTV & ThisTV not on cable? They are on a low powered station that does not qualify for must carry. Simple as that

KLWB 50-1 (MeTV) qualifies for must carry as it is a full powered station. Thats why its on cable. The fact it **was** CW has nothing to do with it now. Its full powered so it gets must carry (regardless of programming)

The other 2 stations (KDCG-CD and KXKW-LD) are both low powered and thus dont automatically get Must Carry. The owner can request it, but the cable co can say no. Now to even further convolute it, KDCG is a Class A station. In a nutshell it has some protection against another station knocking it off the air...they also have to produce 2 hours of local programming a week.

So why is AntennaTV & ThisTV not on cable? They are on a low powered station that does not qualify for must carry. Simple as that
They produce more than 2 hours of local programming a day. Some of us sent emails to have KDCG 22.1 and 50.2 an independent station with local programming 24 hours then 22.2/50.3 then 24 hour h&i (same as KBCA 41.3).

On Comcast here in San Francisco, some of the sub-channels are carried, while others are not. What determines which ones get carried and which ones don't, I don't know. There are 18 that are carried on Comcast in SD: 170-Decades KPIX 5.2, 171-CCTV KICU 36.3, 172-Sino KCNS 38.2, 173-Viet Today KTSF 26.5, 186-Cozi KNTV 11.2, 187-Antenna TV KRON 4.3, 188-LATV KTVU 2.2, 189-PBS Life KQEH 54-3, 190-PBS World KQED 9.3, 191-PBS V-me KQEH 54.5, 192-PBS Kids KQEH 54.4, 193-SkyTV KRON 4.2, 194-Exitos KSTS 48.2, 196-MeTV KOFY 20.2, 197-??? - was KBS KTSF 26.4 - but it's gone now, 198-France24 KCSM 60.2, 199-Jazz KCSM 60.3, and 201-PBS Create KRCB 22.2, plus one in HD: 715-Live Well KGO 7.2.

On Comcast here in San Francisco, some of the sub-channels are carried, while others are not. What determines which ones get carried and which ones don't, I don't know.
Here in Minneapolis the only subs that aren't carried are the 2 Ion ones (Qubo and Ion Life) and the low powered 3ABN ones. Otherwise all the rest are carried
To add onto this....even our "local" Low powered Univision and Telemundo are carried instead of the national feeds

Here in Minneapolis the only subs that aren't carried are the 2 Ion ones (Qubo and Ion Life) and the low powered 3ABN ones. Otherwise all the rest are carried
To add onto this....even our "local" Low powered Univision and Telemundo are carried instead of the national feeds

Weird. Comcast in Vermont has qubo and ion life but we don't have an affiliate. They're from WPXG Concord NH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts