which switch should I get

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

4issquared

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I have a very old round DTV dish and want to add another receiver. How do I turn one into 2? Thanx all in advance for all the great help here.

4issquared,
First check the type of LNB..the thing on the end of the arm...undo the screw and pull.....if there are two outputs connect the unused one to your second receiver........if there is only one output you have a really old dish,,,,,,,,,,,anyhow get a dual LNB. DTV LNBs are about twenty bucks.
You can run one or two receivers from the dual LNB 18" dish....three or more is multiswitch land. Used dishes are everywhere........find an installer and get a quote.
Call DTV and see what they want and when they can do it.

EZ job.

Joe

Thanx Joe, I will do that. Didn't know that I could take the LNB off. We have a few really good installers around and I will call one of them up to take care of it for me. (very high roof) thanx again. cheers

Thanx Joe, I will do that. Didn't know that I could take the LNB off. We have a few really good installers around and I will call one of them up to take care of it for me. (very high roof) thanx again. cheers

If you call an installer have them put up a triple LNB dish unless you have a HD receiver then put up the Slimline HD antenna.Good Luck!:)

If you add another receiver, Directv will probably supply you with a new dish and installation for free.

4issquared,
Try it Bob's way for another reason. If that dish is real old the mast bolts and point of attachment should be checked for leaking into the building. A new dish is no biggie.
If you are ever going to consider a recorder the dual LNB dish will have to be changed out or a multiswitch will need to be added to the dual lines to make three.
It's hard to be smart. I tried and just can't do it all the time.

Joe

Thanx everyone for all the help. will get the whole dish changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)