Which switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southtx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I need to connect two KU LNBs-one standard and one universal to a motor and then to a diseqc switch port. I am using the other three ports. Do I use a sw21 or a sw44 switch to connect both KU LNBs. Will mount together on a 36" dish.

Post #5 in the Switch FAQ shows how to put four LNBs on a motor.
(the QPH-031 is treated as two LNBs)

But you want FIVE LNBs, huh?
Step down to post #6, and insert your motor between the receiver and the Ecoda switch.

edit: The above assumes you are using a Universal because you have it, not because you want to operate in the low band with the lower Local Oscillator frequency.
If you do, I'm sure we can come up with a solution.
However, more specific info on your existing LNBs, wiring, receiver(s), and expectations would be useful.
BTW, I never saw anyone put a Standard and a Universal on a motor... (?)

PS: While you're at it, read this thread on Insertion Loss Through 2100 Motors.
I'm sure it applies to all motors.

Last edited:
Sorry, receiver =diseqc switch=port 1 & port 2 connect two DBS Lnbs=port 3 connect to DBS Lnb=port 4 to motor w/KUL1 Lnb.
I want to add ULN1 Lnb to motor.
Can I use a sw-21 or sw-22 to connect Kul1 & UNL1 then to motor then back to port 4.
I live in South Texas and I attempting to get Mexican Stations from Mexician Satellites.
I have seen several setups-one using sw22 to connect QPh-031 then to motor and IceBerg has a DBS, universal and standard connected but he uses a Diseqc switch for each Lnb then to motor. Some use sw21. Iceberg stated that universal have internal 22k,if so sw22 cannot be used. Very confusing, Just need someone to tell me which is the safe route.

Status
Please reply by conversation.