Which TV for Standard Definition

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skistowe

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Hi, as I continue on the quest for HDTV and a bigger screen I run into the fact that much programming I watch is SD. My question is, what tv is best able to handle SD without the picture being a bit fuzzy? I am looking at a Sony LCD (Bravia V series) and a Sony rear projection but am open to suggestions and comments. I don't trust the reviews posted at Amazon (don't really know which are good and which aren't).

Thanks

Hi, as I continue on the quest for HDTV and a bigger screen I run into the fact that much programming I watch is SD. My question is, what tv is best able to handle SD without the picture being a bit fuzzy? I am looking at a Sony LCD (Bravia V series) and a Sony rear projection but am open to suggestions and comments. I don't trust the reviews posted at Amazon (don't really know which are good and which aren't).

Thanks

It depends on what size TV you want/need. If you looking for something 34" or under wide screen for both HD and SD, I'd go with the 34" Sony CRT. They're big, bulky and heavy, but they give a great picture, last a long time, and they're relatively cheap (around $999 at Circuit City the last time I looked).

If you want to go larger, then it's an LCD or a Plasma set. I have a 40" Samsung LCD (LNS-4095) that gives a relatively good picture on SD but you only get the "wow" factor when you switch to HD.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I have a Sony 42" Crt and LOVE it, I have never ever had a problem with it, and its 4 years old-I believe it will last another 6-10 years.

I have a Sony 42" Crt and LOVE it, I have never ever had a problem with it, and its 4 years old-I believe it will last another 6-10 years.

You must mean a rp crt, yes? I have never heard of a regular crt larger than 40".

Thanks

I just purchased a Pioneer PDP-5070 plasma and have been VERY happy with the SD content from Dishnetwork.

I got panasonic TH42600U and very happy with SD feed of Directv.

Its amazing both panny and DTV SD feed.

I have a rear projection CRT. a Mits 55", but I don't watch SD on it because if you watch a 4 x 3 picture a lot it will get burn in. I also use a DLP for HD programming. The best solution is to have a 2nd non HD CRT 32" or 27" and just watch SD on that.
I realize it isn't practical for most people but you get the best of both worlds if you have the space.

I have a rear projection CRT. a Mits 55", but I don't watch SD on it because if you watch a 4 x 3 picture a lot it will get burn in. I also use a DLP for HD programming. The best solution is to have a 2nd non HD CRT 32" or 27" and just watch SD on that.
I realize it isn't practical for most people but you get the best of both worlds if you have the space.

I also have a Mits 55", the 55511. After about 5 years of sd and hd viewing, I have zero burn in problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

replace R-15?

HD Audio problem on CBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)