WHIO Dayton

spacenerd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Wapakoneta, Ohio
I live in Wapakoneta, Ohio and up until a couple weeks ago could pick up WHIO TV CHannel 7 Dayton without a problem. Now I can not get a good enough signal to watch. Dayton is about 60 miles south of me and does have other stations 2, 22, and 45 that are coming in just fine. The signal strength reading on my Dish 722 DVR that I am running the antenna thru reads in the mid 80's for channels 2,22 and 45 but only 60 or less on WHIO TV. WHIO used to read in the mid to upper 70's I have checked all of my connections in the house but have not crawled up on the roof to check for any problems.
Does anyone have any ideas about WHIO, are they having transmitter problems or do I need to keep looking for a problem on my end.
Thanks,
Spacenerd

If this happened just over the last day or two, They may have reduced power output due to many power outages in the area. DP&L is supposed to have all but just a few under control right about now.

The problem with WHIO started about two months ago. And today I check up on my antenna and everything appears to be ok. My guess now is that there maybe something wrong with my Channel Master 7777 preamp.

Yeah, I finally had a chance to look at reception of channel 7 here near the Cincinnati northern belt. It is exactly the same as normal given weather circumstances. Strong and steady. So, you are probably right that the issue is on your end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts