White Springs Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Was doing some tweaking on my dish and now I get White Springs again on G27. The problem is I get no audio so I switch to audio 2 and I,m getting sound but its not whats on the screen. Right now I'm watching a movie with a wedding scene and the audio is talking about gastric acid reflux. I know some weddings can cause this but thats not the problem here.
OK now I know I'm getting talk star radio on G27, but why a'm I getting the radio on the tv side. Wiewsat extreme using primestar dish sg 2100 motor

Last edited:
There are 2 audio feeds

RIGHT audio 1 is WSTV
LEFT audio 1 is some other audio
audio 2 is star network radio or something like that

I get the star radio feed on audio 2 but nothing on audio 1 left or right. I do have a digital audio decoder for AMC 3, its the cyberhome one that cost 12 bucks at WalMart. I might have to disconnect that to see if that helps, but I dont think that should affect it.

Well that did it I disconnected the 12 dollar digital decoder and it works. Avery other sat and channel works with it except Whitesprings.

Well the way I look at it I'd rather loose White Springs than the PBS

Well that did it I disconnected the 12 dollar digital decoder and it works. Avery other sat and channel works with it except Whitesprings.

Sounds like the Cyberhome 12 dollar digital decoder is only decoding the left audio channel. Can't offhand think of any other channel where the left and right audio is different, but that would be a way to test it if you could find one.

Well the headphone jack that I'm plugged into is actually ment for the headphones that play Dolby Digital. I just plugged a stereo adapter in to it , Hmmmm.
Well thats true I never had to mess with right or left. Does someone out there have a good home theatre system that can test White Springs audio verses the rest, like PBS on AMC3.

I use the the CyberHome on a Fortec Lifetime Ultra on White Springs, I show Language 1 and language 2 with left and right on both. I get the proper sound for the movie using language 1 with both left and right on. I get the alternate audio on language 2. So I don't about the settings on your receiver, but you might try rebooting the system. I have had the AC3 goof up sometimes - and then work after rebooting. Good luck!
Bob

You might want to unplug your connections and re-plug them in, it could be a simple case of a bad/loose connection where only one channel is going across both left and right. Might even be your stereo adapter plug is the cause. Good luck!

White springs tv only plays on the right channel of my headphones, makes it hard to listen to late at night. This is on a Yamaha HTR5920 AV receiver with dolby. I'll try tomorrow and see which of the 5speakers works, can't blast it late at night (early risers here lol)

I plugged in the headphones, that came with the cyberhome and still nothing, I think tonight I will disconnect it and reconnect it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts