White Springs signal strength?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Had difficult time getting WS transponder, when I did a TP search nothing would come up as I was getting a 29 reading on quality, tried for a couple of days and then the signal was jumping from 29 to 40 so I tried again and got it but the signal bounces from 29 to 45 with a good picture at 40 and above but it is a pain in the butt the way it jumps around. I have tried jogging the motor east and west with no better results, pushed the dish up and down also with no results, right now it's at 40 and holding when commercial are on but when regular broadcasts are on it starts to jump around.
Is this a weak transponder or is it maybe my LNB? Have good signal strength on all other satellites.
I have a Sat Radar standard LNB but have an Invacom on the way do you think will help or is there something else I can do?
I am at 82w my motor has not reached its limit yet and the shaft has no play in it.
Or is this just the nature of the beast and I should just live with it?

Had difficult time getting WS transponder, when I did a TP search nothing would come up as I was getting a 29 reading on quality, tried for a couple of days and then the signal was jumping from 29 to 40 so I tried again and got it but the signal bounces from 29 to 45 with a good picture at 40 and above but it is a pain in the butt the way it jumps around. I have tried jogging the motor east and west with no better results, pushed the dish up and down also with no results, right now it's at 40 and holding when commercial are on but when regular broadcasts are on it starts to jump around.
Is this a weak transponder or is it maybe my LNB? Have good signal strength on all other satellites.
I have a Sat Radar standard LNB but have an Invacom on the way do you think will help or is there something else I can do?
I am at 82w my motor has not reached its limit yet and the shaft has no play in it.
Or is this just the nature of the beast and I should just live with it?

Under normal conditions I get WSTV from 60 to as high as 75 Q. That is with the lnbf being off center, since G-10R is what my 81 cm dish is pointed at. I do get periods of it going down to 0 when there are storms at there uplink in FLA. I don't expect maximum out of WSTV since Im not locked on G-27 with the main beam. For the most part it stays stable. I can get down to about 13 to 15 on my Pansat before I notice digital breakup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

settings

Same bird, different aim for 2 freqs on AMC1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)