Who are the most exciting players you've seen in any sport?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Baseball - Pete Rose

Hockey - Super Mario

Basketball - Magic Johnson

Football - Walter Payton

I'm going to do this from a Cleveland perspective. From my lifetime....

Indians- Tie: Albert Belle or Jim Thome. During those magical come from behind victories in the 90's, it always seemed like those two boys were a part of the late inning heroics. In those days, I NEVER felt the Indians were EVER out of a game. What a feeling!

Albert Belle. Good one! He is probably the greatest clutch hitter I've ever seen in person.

Browns- This one may surprise a few, but I'm going with Josh Cribbs. He's THE ultimate game changer. He can return kicks and provide an instant jolt to a teams psyche. He also plays his ass of on the defensive end of Special Teams. Cribbs is always the first player down the field to lay a massive hit on the oppositions return man. I absolutely love his energy!

Another good one. I'd say Eric Metcalf and Ice Cube McNeil are honorable mentions.

Albert Belle. Good one! He is probably the greatest clutch hitter I've ever seen in person.

Fair or not, when I think of Albert Belle, I immediately think steroids. Gigantic guy, statistics that took off in 1995, had to retire early because of injuries, wasn't even playing anymore when they started testing, rotten disposition...all the ingredients.

So glad he was dropped off the Hall of Fame ballot.

Sandra

Fair or not, when I think of Albert Belle, I immediately think steroids. Gigantic guy, statistics that took off in 1995, had to retire early because of injuries, wasn't even playing anymore when they started testing, rotten disposition...all the ingredients.

So glad he was dropped off the Hall of Fame ballot.

Sandra

There's no doubt that he fits the profile, although he was a complete A-hole before his numbers really took off.

There's no doubt that he fits the profile, although he was a complete A-hole before his numbers really took off.
He was an ahole at LSU too - back in the days when he was still called by his childhood nickname of "Joey". Good player, but I never cared for the guy.

I'm staying local for this post.

Baseball - Curtis Granderson , Al Kaline, Kirk Gibson

Basketball - Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson (MSU)

Football - Barry Sanders, Anthony Carter (MICHIGAN)

Hockey - Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman, Pavel Datsyuk

I've got to think harder about a national list.

Baseball - Willie Stargell, Dave Parker, Barry Bonds, Frank Thomas and Griffy Jr.

Football -Bradshaw, Joe Green, Lambert, Harris, Big Ben, The Bus, Ward, Swann, Woodson.

Hockey -Mario, Francis, Jagr, Mullen, Crosby, Malkin, Barasso, Fleury.

Gretzky and Yzerman in hockey. Mario reminded me of film of Espo from the 70's - not the fastest/flashiest, but the men could score in buckets.

Basketball - this is a toughie. I enjoyed watching Jordan, but he didn't really rip me out of my seat. I wasn't into basketball as much when I was younger. I was more excited watching Ray Allen and Ben Gordon go at one another in the playoffs this year. :)

Baseball - Ricky. Not even close - the man had no fear of anything or anyone's opinion.

Football - Sanders, although Dave Meggett was a bunch of fun to watch with the Jints.

For sheer visual excitement - Dr. J would be really hard to beat. That guy could palm the ball with a single hand off the dribble, and then "posterize" you with some sick twisting dunk! The man defied the laws of gravity.

Football: Fran Tarkenton. You never knew what was going to happen when the ball was snapped.
page2_g_bacon1_sw_sq_300.jpg

I guess from the homer perspective and only considering what I've seen in the dozen years I've watched Football, I don't think I'll see another Dante Hall. Juking those Denver players was epic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vemGEI9Iexw]YouTube - Dante Hall - sickest juke ever[/ame]

For sheer visual excitement - Dr. J would be really hard to beat. That guy could palm the ball with a single hand off the dribble, and then "posterize" you with some sick twisting dunk! The man defied the laws of gravity.

Darrell Griffith from Louisville was the same way. An amazing talent and could jump with Dr. J. We lived in Louisville in the mid 70's and I got to see a lot of the ABA games (Kentucky Colonels). A lot of great talent in that league.

Brian

AVP volleyball is the most exciting sport there is. Sean Scott, Jake Gibb, Casey Jennings...oh my.

And they're pretty good volleyball players too. ;)

Sandra

Darrell Griffith from Louisville was the same way. An amazing talent and could jump with Dr. J. We lived in Louisville in the mid 70's and I got to see a lot of the ABA games (Kentucky Colonels). A lot of great talent in that league.

Brian

I remember a quote about Griffith, but I can't remember who said it.

"I've seen guys who can jump, but they all came back down."

First, Barry Sanders.

Then, everyone else, including:

Michael Jordan
Mike Tyson
Michael Vick
Deion Sanders
Rickey Henderson
Mark McGwire
Magic Johnson

Bary Sanders...so many times you would think he was tackled and he would bust through. While I am not comparing Adrian Peterson to Barry, he is one guy now you feel could take it to the house on any play.

Isiah Thomas...Saw him do some great things on the court

Hockey.... With all apoligies to number Mr. Yzerman, Number 99 was was outstanding with the puck

Mike Tyson...In his hayday, the early years, how he knocked guys out in the ring

Ken Griffey Jr.... The injuries really took seasons away from him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)