Who Designed Seattle Seahawks' Uniforms?

Here is the info on the throwbacks

This season marks the fiftieth season of the Original Eight charter members of the American Football League, whose owners became collectively known as "The Foolish Club." The fifth league to use the AFL moniker (previous leagues in 1926, 1934, 1936-37, and 1940-41, all had failed) began play in 1960 and would form the major portion of the American Football Conference (AFC) when the NFL completed its merger with the AFL in 1970:

* Boston Patriots, now the New England Patriots
* Buffalo Bills
* Dallas Texans, now the Kansas City Chiefs
* Denver Broncos
* Houston Oilers, now the Tennessee Titans
* Los Angeles Chargers, now the San Diego Chargers
* The Titans of New York, now the New York Jets
* Oakland Raiders (Originally the Oakland Señores, but changed name to Raiders prior to first game)

The Bills and Jets currently use AFL-era throwback uniforms as their alternate jerseys. The league will have the other six teams use a third jersey replicating those from the AFL in their heyday. Each of the Original Eight will play another original AFL team, one at home and one away, on two "AFL Legacy Weekends", and have a special 50th Anniversary AFL patch on the throwback uniforms. In a waiver given by these eight, they can wear the anniversary thowbacks a maximum of four times a season, whereas all of the other teams have a limit of twice per season. The Bills, Patriots, Raiders, and Titans (Oilers) will wear the throwbacks the maximum four times, while the Chiefs (Texans), Chargers, and Jets (Titans) will wear them three times. The Broncos have elected to wear their throwbacks only twice (the team is wearing the infamous 1960-1961 brown and yellow throwbacks with the vertically-striped socks) and will wear their regular orange alternate jersey of the current design in the other two allowed games,[4] giving the team five different uniforms over a 16-game season. Both of the games involving the orange jerseys involve the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers--two "old" NFL teams before the merger, with the Steelers joining the Broncos in the AFC in 1970 as a result of the merger.

Those were retro uni's a lot of teams do that from time to time.
I did not even recognize the Jets uni's, they didn't even have the name of the team on them, not New York or NY or Jets or anything.
Had I not seen the old Oilers emblem I would not have had any idea who was who.

Those are pretty bad too.

50th anniversary of the AFL. When 2 original AFL teams play each other they use those uni's

Im a big Jet fan...Suffering with them through Richard Todd, Ken Obrien years...up until today..

I remember those old Oiler Jerseys. Especially when Earl Campbell was running through everyone.

I love those old Ny Titan Uniforms.. Much better than the green stuff.

Correct.

The Browns were in the AAFC from 1946-1949. That league was disbanded because the Browns were too dominant. We won the league title every single season.

From 1950-1970 we entered the NFL (pre AFL merger). Again, Cleveland dominated that league by winning 11 conference titles and 4 league championships.

A lot of animosity still exists in Cleveland for how the current NFL only counts Super Bowls in their record books. Can you imagine MLB erasing all stats and titles prior to 1970?!!!!!!

Ah... the good ol' days!

You are wrong. The NFL doesn't recognize the records and stats from the AAFC. That includes the Colts and 49ers, also. The titles the Browns won from 1950 on ARE recognized. As are all NFL titles from the beginning of the league in 1920. Super Bowl I was contested January 15, 1967.

The Bears were never in the AFL were they?

i believe these were the original AFL teams:

• Boston Patriots
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Dallas Texans
  • Denver Broncos
  • Houston Oilers
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • New York Titans
  • Oakland Raiders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts