Who got contacted from Dirt on a new Hopper 3

Called Dish while waiting on this list. We are out of contract after the last upgrade and have been with them for over 13 years. We wanted to upgrade to Hopper 3, three 4K Joeys and one wireless joey. Was told there's a two year commitment plus $270 upgrade: $95 for tech visit, $50 for each 4K Joey and $25 for a wireless Joey. Is this right?

Well I am #97 on the list to be contacted but I called in at noon today and got my upgrade done over the phone and install date set for tomorrow afternoon.

I was #6 on the list. I had a PM from Dirt at 6:20 Mtn time. I gave them the info they asked for ( accr #, etc). About 45 minutes later, l received a response response if they could add the protection plan so I wouldn't have a service call. I said that was fine. Then 30 minutes later another responses asking for last fir digits of credit card. Then 15 to 20 minutes later I received confirmation of install. Scheduled for arrival today between 8-12:00. When I went to a Dishes web site it showed it was scheduled for Sunday 8-12. I clicked on reschedule and was able to choose today from 8-12. I did that and 30 or so minutes later revived the auto call from dish confirming installer would arrive between 10:00 and 11:15. He showed up right at 11:15. Install went smooth. It took about 2 hours. It was his first Hopper 3 install.

I was PM'd by Sam around 10 CST but wasn't able to respond back til after 1. We went back and forth for about a 1/2hr then he quit responding (must have went off shift). I called DISH and the CSR set me up for Sunday afternoon install.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Called Dish while waiting on this list. We are out of contract after the last upgrade and have been with them for over 13 years. We wanted to upgrade to Hopper 3, three 4K Joeys and one wireless joey. Was told there's a two year commitment plus $270 upgrade: $95 for tech visit, $50 for each 4K Joey and $25 for a wireless Joey. Is this right?

That sounds pretty close. What most people have been reporting today is they are getting H3 and Joey 2.0 for free, but 4K Joeys are $50 each for upgrade. Not sure what the going rate for WJ, but $95 tech fee sounds right although it has been $10 or $0 for people agreeing to take protection plan. Are you sure you need 3 4K Joeys? They offer 4K output and PIP over a Joey 2.0, which have been a free upgrade for most. If you don't need those features on all TVs you might consider 2.0 instead of 4K to save money.

That sounds pretty close. What most people have been reporting today is they are getting H3 and Joey 2.0 for free, but 4K Joeys are $50 each for upgrade. Not sure what the going rate for WJ, but $95 tech fee sounds right although it has been $10 or $0 for people agreeing to take protection plan. Are you sure you need 3 4K Joeys? They offer 4K output and PIP over a Joey 2.0, which have been a free upgrade for most. If you don't need those features on all TVs you might consider 2.0 instead of 4K to save money.

Thanks! We wanted 4K Joeys because we have four 4K hdtv's; all four have HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. Will use the wireless as a floater between home office/guest room/outside as needed. Not sure of Joey 2.0 specs.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Yes but if you don't have two other 4K TVs then you don't need to spend the money on those 4K Joeys. Would save you $100.

Just saw that you do have that many 4K TVs.

Just checked and Dirt got to # 82 in the waiting list with no activity for the last hour or so. At this rate it will take dirt 5 days to get through the list. I am # 142 and hope a lot of you between 83 and 141 have already called Dish to get your H3 so they will get to me tomorrow. I have much to move to EHDs so I am in no hurry. However, I would like to get it out of the way and scheduled for next week. I hope to learn good things from the early installers.

Well I am #97 on the list to be contacted but I called in at noon today and got my upgrade done over the phone and install date set for tomorrow afternoon.
I was #93 and got too antsy myself. Called the normal Dish 800-number and am set up for Monday afternoon. I was still under contract from a SJ upgrade from about a year ago, but have been with them a long time and already doing CC Autopay and PP. No charge to bring out an H3 and Joey. I also got the 6 months of all premiums at half price deal.

I have an H3 install scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
I was #70 and was contacted by Chris_S at 12:17.

By 2 PM I had the install scheduled. Most of this time was in my court. Responses to my questions came within 5 minutes after each one.

VERY WELL DONE.

Thanks to Chris and all the DIRT team (and the CSRs too from other reports).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks! We wanted 4K Joeys because we have four 4K hdtv's; all four have HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. Will use the wireless as a floater between home office/guest room/outside as needed. Not sure of Joey 2.0 specs.

Count me impressed!! :D So I guess that price is about right although I thought the wireless joeys also cost $50 like the 4K. So even better price I would say. Get the protection plan and you would save a few bucks on the install.

The wireless Joey has always been free but you purchase the wireless access point for $50. That fee may have dropped, I'm not sure.

Remember you can have three wireless Joeys with one wireless access point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)