Who has best forum covering DVD recording ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I have about 75 Vivastar DVD-R's that all of a sudden are going bad after two years of use (one SP recording on each). These are the only ones going bad out of about 125 of various types. Only the the Vivastar and not one of the others. They all worked fine in all my players and computers until about 2 months ago then they all (just the Vivastar) started to go bad, breaking up so bad they would not play. All of my DVD's are stored the same way on a rack and in the same room and many of the other mfg DVD's are even older but still work fine. I have tried to contact Vivastar but all of the web sites for them are no longer available. It almost brings tears to my eyes thinking of all the hours I put into recording those DVD's and the fact that I may never find those commercial free movies on satellite again to record. I tend to believe that the make-up of the DVD itself is starting to go bad, why else would they all start to go bad at the same time.

suggest you grab a copy of DVD Decrypter and pull the data off them QUICKLY and rewrite them to better quality discs. I like BeAll's from Meritline myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)