Is this legal/worth it?

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
OK - I'm officially a dissatisfied consumer. :mad:

I live in the state of Connecticut. My town is located in the New York DMA. Therefore, I can't get CT local channels, even though E* provides them.

Stupid question - could I obtain a waiver from Viacom (as WCBS is O&O), etc, to allow me to get CT locals? Obviously it's a long shot at best, but is it even possible?

Perhaps I just need more/less coffee :)

I do not think even a waiver will work. Just have to hope that the new SHIVA passes and gives satellite companies the right to offer you the same channels as cable, then if the local cable company can offer CT and NY locals at the same time, Dish will too...

Iceberg said:
Why dont you "move"?

It's a fair question. I guess I could, but I don't see why I should have to. I'd rather get my CT locals fair and square. I'm just not sure whether it's possible.

mike123abc said:
I do not think even a waiver will work. Just have to hope that the new SHIVA passes and gives satellite companies the right to offer you the same channels as cable, then if the local cable company can offer CT and NY locals at the same time, Dish will too...

I don't remember seeing a provision for that in the bill - in fact, memory serves that that was shot down in the bill by the NAB. I'd be happy to be proven wrong :)

hancox said:
It's a fair question. I guess I could, but I don't see why I should have to. I'd rather get my CT locals fair and square. I'm just not sure whether it's possible.

true. It seems stupid that if you had the pig, you would get both, but satellite you can't.

Where I use to live they had ABC & NBC from both Mpls & Duluth, FOX from Mpls & Fargo and CBS from Mpls....satellite can only get Mpls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts