Who here has a DVR for their antennas? What DVR do you have?

I think if you do a search you will find this has been asked many times and the hands down winner is Tivo with lifetime. Though many other products are used and work for the owners application.

Reactions: Mr Tony and jayn_j
Windows Media Center with SD tuners for antenna, Ceton for cable. Same guide and whole-home capability as Tivo, virtually for free.

My kids use iViews in their dorms. Very simple guide, but only $30. Hard to beat that on a student's budget.

Dude, 3 HTPCs in a row! I thought I was the only one.

Edison, why do you have Tivo AND DirecTV? Isn't that really expensive? There's nothing on my OTA sub-channels that's worthy of $550 worth of Tivo.

Edison, why do you have Tivo AND DirecTV? Isn't that really expensive? There's nothing on my OTA sub-channels that's worthy of $550 worth of Tivo.
Well I got the TiVo Roamio because there are stations missing in the DirecTV OTA database. You can type in extra zip codes to match stations but guide info isn't always completely correct, if at all. And some channels, even then, are unattainable. I have lifetime service for the TiVo Roamio anyways. I'm not paying anymore bills to TiVo.

People keep saying that WMC is dead, but I know tons of folks who still use it. I dont know what I would do without it. I use Recorded TV HD for recording OTA, and I have Media Browser Classic installed for everything else.

I also use W7CallerID for caller ID info. Its kind of funny...I use it with FreePBX and it pops up at least 2 seconds before any phone in my house rings.

Waiting for the latest Channel Master DVR+ to have a little price drop before I buy one. Fellow poster Iceberg swears buy the Tivo lifetime but the ones I see on Ebay are priced too high.

What is too high? The going price on a Premiere (or the arguably better S3 HD) with lifetime seems to be $300. About the same on Craigslist. Probably tough to find one cheaper than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)