Who is gonna win the World Series?

Really should have waited for it to be official...

Astros are the story, all these veterans, some with rings, some might be making their last (only) shot. MLB got it's "Both teams are there for the first time in forever/ever" story, so with CHI being so young/annoying, and HOU being so old/chiseled, I imagine houston will get the win this year.

Let's hear it for good ol' sportsmanship, let the best team try to win!!

Cardinals just because the poll jinxes everything.

Actually, White Sox. They will be rested up watching the Cardinals and Astros battle it out over the next 2 games.

One strike....and they didn't walk Pujols of all the people.... :eek:

Hmmm I couldn't sleep last night... :no

They always have to do things the hard way :(

Well, i'm sure they anticipate lower WS ratings and are trying to get people hooked into more NLCS games before they lose complete interest in the white sox pitchers trying to bunt...

As I was watching the last inning unfold I was saying to myself "those Damn Astros are going to the big dance tonight". I saw Lidge strike out the first two hitters and it was not even close and I was resigning myself to see the Red Birds once again (in two consecutive years) being the joke of MLB. Best record in the regular season and once again they were taken down. All these thoughts were going through my mind. As Lidge goes 1-2 on Eckstain (sp?), I was getting more anxious to see the last strike and go to sleep and deal with an Astro/White Sox World Series. Eckstains gets a hit on a slider and I am still pessimistic on the Red Birds coming back. Here comes Edmond. A very good hitter who can put it in the bleachers but after seeing Edmond swinging at the first pitch, I really thought that it was over. Edmond worked the count and walked. Now 2 men on (first and second) and Albert Pujols comes to the plate. First pitched delivered by Lidge and Pujols looked bad. I had less and less confidence that anything was going to happen at this point and then Lidge was ready to deliver the second pitch. As the second pitch was delivered the next thing I saw was the ball hitting the wall in passed the bleachers and if the wall was not there it was going to continue who knows where. I could not believe it that the Red Birds had come all the way to lead in the game. This reminded me of the 1996 World Series when Wholers delivered that slider to Leritz (sp?) and he was less of a player than Pujols. That HR by Leritz changed the whole series and the Yankees went to win it all and Wholers never was the same pitcher again. Can the Red Birds win it all now? It will be very funny if history repeats itself but anything can happen and I am pulling for the underdog (now Red Birds) since I like to root for the underdog. Let's hope for another great game although the Cardinals have two mountains to climb on ---Oswalt and Clement.

Busch Stadium lives to see another baseball game! Can the Cards pull it off? Stranger things have happened. Anybody remember way back to LAST YEAR's ALCS?

R.I.P. Hal Lebovitz 1916 - 2005

Hal was the most famous sportswriter in Cleveland History, his last column was 2 weeks ago. I read it every sunday, I'll miss the guy. No one else in town was anywhere near as good as he was at telling a story and keeping it interesting. Plus I just learned the guy invented "Four Square" which I had no idea. He was the Cleveland Indians writer forever and always spoke of them in his columns, which is why i posted this here.

Big story on him, scroll down a bit on this page to learn about the great man,
http://www.cleveland.com/newslogs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/mtlogs/cleve_plaindealer/archives/2005_10.html#088027

I believe the announcer for the Oakland Athletics died today as well, Bill King. Sad day around here, the papers are going to be a must-read in this town tomorrow.

My First Post!!!

hi guys, my first post. please if i may let me say i have been a "lurker" since december of 2004 when i first got voom ( like alot of you i miss it alot) with charter now in st. louis. i would like to thank you all for the knowledge you share with everyone on this great site. the only bad thing i found on this was that i was spending more time on this then watching voom in its final days! lol . ok to my point, after all this is a sports forum.... well being from st louis guess who i pick! yes the cardinals, back at home at busch! its in the air, final season at the stadium, what could be a better parting prize! also remember what pitcher we beat in game 7 last year>? yes, clemens ( not clementLOL) the big MO is with us!! anyway, wanted to say thanks for your site i have learned alot from it. im still a dummy though, and now that i can post i will have manny questions for you! by the way, i know i kant spell!! lol how i done gradgewaited from kollege is a surprize to me. thanks againg guys...GO CARDINALS....VOOM...we miss you ,dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)