Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great idea, we watch most of our stuff on network shows. We have 3 children so it's great to watch on our time and still have the left over tuners for miscellaneous stuff. I can add HD to all my bedrooms know, hopefully at a decreased cost. No more decisions on what to record on the bedroom or what to record on the main tv either.

I'll give it a shot, but if I find that I need all 3 tuners to record more of my non-primetime content, then it'll get turned off.

I think it would be better if it were IP on demand, instead of using a tuner. Plus it is only 8 days of programming, I have shows from months ago that I have not watched yet on my dvr. I would be screwed with pta.

Scott, why do they allocate so much space for SD programming? Do people still record that much SD. I would think 100 hours of SD and all the rest for HD, would be good.

I think it would be better if it were IP on demand, instead of using a tuner. Plus it is only 8 days of programming, I have shows from months ago that I have not watched yet on my dvr. I would be screwed with pta.

You can move the the shows you want within those 8 days to the main DVR space and keep them indefinitely if you don't think you will watch them in the 8 day time frame

Scott, why do they allocate so much space for SD programming? Do people still record that much SD. I would think 100 hours of SD and all the rest for HD, would be good.

There is no "allocation" for SD or HD...it's an approximation of how many hours of each would fit on the drive...same principle used with the 622/722, etc.

It is ALL the same space. If you record all HD you get 250 hours and if you record all SD you'd get the 1000 hours and if you record some of each you will get somewhere in between the numbers.

PTA sounds like a good idea but I think I'll stick with individual timers for the shows I actually watch. I see no need to record all the ones I don't watch.

nope wouldnt use it

Only have 3 weekly programs from "the big 4"...the rest of my programs from OTA are on CW and an Independent station or not during "prime time"

nope wouldnt use it

Only have 3 weekly programs from "the big 4"...the rest of my programs from OTA are on CW and an Independent station or not during "prime time"

Before I was married, I was with you. The wife watches the big 4 prime time and we have several cases where 2+ shows are sked to record, and we have to choose. I'm a bit too far from town to pick up OTA, although I'm working on getting my big antenna (and amp, rotator etc) back into the equation to give it a try.

Miner

I think it's a great idea. Now I don't have to take up multiple tuners to record local channels. It will be great for this time of year when the wife has to record American Idol. I may actually start watching more primetime shows since I know I don't have to set up extra tuners to watch them. The shows will just be sitting there waiting for me to watch. PTA is only using up one tuner for 3 hours of each night so it's not like it comletely gets rid of one tuner for me. And like Scott said, if you don't like it you can disable it. Brilliant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts