OTHER Who Knows The Satlook FTA Meter ?

Well I have been speaking to Sven Nylund who is one of the tec guys at Emitor and he confirms they still have a few spares left for the MKIV as it would be a shame to scrap it , However any one got any recommendations for a replacement .
I'm currently using a Satlink WS-6933. No fancy bells and whistles but works well for my needs. It has a decent flashlight built in which is nice. Also a compass which, in my case, is not very accurate. :)

(Thumbnailed pics - click for larger)
WS-6933 Menu.jpg WS-6933 Signal.jpg WS6933 97W KU.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks FTA4PA yes any thing that small and light weight I can hang round my neck as I need it to install the new corotor and feed arms , I will be on top of a large step ladder so that would be fine does it do MPEG 2 + 4 .

Thanks FTA4PA yes any thing that small and light weight I can hang round my neck as I need it to install the new corotor and feed arms , I will be on top of a large step ladder so that would be fine does it do MPEG 2 + 4 .
Yes, it does DVB, DVB-S2, MPEG2, MPEG4, QPSK and 8PSK. It does come with a nice strap which I have put around my neck or hung from part of the dish. I got mine from a seller in New Jersey in the United States. I just looked and saw some for sale on eBay UK and Amazon UK. Also available directly from sellers in Asia but I tend to avoid that unless there is no other option. Forgot to mention this meter does not display the actual video of the channels on a transponder - only the signal levels. This is not an issue for me as peaking the signal is my priority. I can easily scan for channels inside once I know the dish is peaked but worth mentioning as some like that capability at the dish. :)

Thanks FTA4PA thats good news on the modes yes I would buy it from a dealer in the UK and not from China , After working over there for many years I do know what there gear is like looks good but falls apart very quick . Yes I will be changing the support arms on a 3.7 dish and while doing it installing a new corotor with new LNBs so the meter will be used for peaking every thing for max signal .I have taken photos of the old arms showing the measurements the new stainless steel ones should be straight forward but its all down to having a meter . I will strip the satlook down today and see if I can trace were the power has gone who knows it could be some thing simple .

Reactions: FTA4PA
Good news after opening the lid today on the satlook and checking the main f bulkhead connector I found that the cross whip was OC this was why No Power or signal was getting through to the meter . This maybe because a few months ago I changed out battery and this area is where the battery clamps are and cross over cables are so quick fix just cleaned up the connectors .

Attachments

• cross over whip bulkhead-min.jpg
    cross over whip bulkhead-min.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Power from Satlook-min.jpg
    Power from Satlook-min.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 175
Good news after opening the lid today on the satlook and checking the main f bulkhead connector I found that the cross whip was OC this was why No Power or signal was getting through to the meter . This maybe because a few months ago I changed out battery and this area is where the battery clamps are and cross over cables are so quick fix just cleaned up the connectors .
Excellent work figuring out the problem! Good luck on your project! :) :thumbup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)