Who makes the best multi-fit connector?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I just thought I would ask to see what everyone's experiences have been with muti-fit (60% thru quad) connectors.

I loved the Raychem EZF (long gone)
I also liked the PPC blue crimps (gone, I think)
Both of these connectors would go on quad, just as easily as they would 60%. (Commscope)

I have tried PPC EX, but they do no like to go onto Commscope quad. Also, of they go on, the metal ring will sometimes split when compressed (mainly on the quad underground).

I have heard several complaints from techs concerning the SNS reds (the Thomas and Betts multi-fit)

I have never really worked with the Digicion and Commscope quad.

Has anyone found one of the current multi-fits to be better than others?

Last edited:
I have found that the Stirling Compression fittings work better than anything I've ever used... Talk to Rick or Jim at 317-917-8708 or 800-260-6689, and tell them Doc sent you... You will like (LOVE) the quality and pricing!!!

You beat me to it RickG100... LOL I like the PPC's stuff also, but Stirling has proven their quality over PPC... And Stirling gives the Tech a break, while PPC can't stand to give anyone a break... RONTGLMAO...

But, does Stirling work well on differnet levels of shielding? I honestly think more people should use Stirling...but I have never used their multi-fit.

The best test, in my opinion, is to take one, try it on a piece of cheap cable....thats stuff that says it's 60%, but looks more like 40%....you'll know what I mean. Try it on a piece of Commscope RG 6 quad underground...if it slides on both cables easily and and does not crack when compressed, then you're in good shape.

I just like having one connector for all shields that slides on easily!! I hate having to twist and push for 5 minutes to get one connector on.

Also, Stirlings were once made in Canada...Is this still the case? At least we can support North America!! Thomas and Betts are made in the USA, I think. I'm not sure where PPCs are made; I've never seen Made in ... on the pack.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't care for PPC EX XL...I prefer the PPC EX, if I had to choose betweeen EX and EXXL. However, in my experince, I tried using PPC EX with a roll of Commscope RG6 quad...I had to stop and look for another connector because they were very difficult to push onto the cable...I actually used the old blue ones, the PPC crimps, and whiped the grease off.

One tech did show me what he did to use the PPC EX XL...he heated the wire with a lighter!

Here is their information, and they do have an office in Canada also...

For general product information and inquiries you may use their online Request Information form. Please direct other matters to info@stirlingconnectors.com

HEAD OFFICE
Stirling Connectors
1805 West 18th Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Fax 800 418-4081
Toll-free (North America) 1-800-260-6689

CANADIAN OFFICE
Stirling Connectors
15 Bayberry Lane
Niagra On The Lakes, Ontario L0S 1J0
Tel. 905 468-1512, Fax 905 468-4074

srs913 said:
How about Snap and Seals, it's not a slogan, its a brand name!
What Doc was saying that all you said was... snap-n-seals. You did not share anything about SNS.

For example, have you ever used the multi-fit SNS connectors, the red ones? Have you tried them on different shields?

The original PPC EX's are actually more useful than the EXXL series, because they compress to a shorter length for tighter places, but they will not work with the standard Snap-N-Seal compressed length tool.

Mike500 said:
The original PPC EX's are actually more useful than the EXXL series, because they compress to a shorter length for tighter places, but they will not work with the standard Snap-N-Seal compressed length tool.
They will if you drop a couple of hex nuts in the tool!

Hard question to answer, What connectors are approved for your system? PPC and SNS are approved for dish and direct, Stirling is not, I think I'd rather use an approved product than get charged back just to save a few cents.

SNS is imported, PPC is made in NY, not sure where stirlings are machined.

Hard question to answer, What connectors are approved for your system? PPC and SNS are approved for dish and direct, Stirling is not, I think I'd rather use an approved product than get charged back just to save a few cents.

SNS is imported, PPC is made in NY, not sure where stirlings are machined.

You might want to talk to Rick Gary at Stirling, 317-917-8708 to get the straight dope!!! These connectors are built with much closer tolerances than most of the connectors out there... You can also purchase them directly from CASE-SRS 303-768-9070.... We have found them to be better quality than any of the other connectors that we have used... We only use the best, and we don't care who approves what, because approving doesn't necessarily mean the best...

Well that is what makes America great, the ability to agree to disagree. You like Stirling, and that's great. If you like them, then use them. But I need to use what is approved, and after reviewing testing done both by cable and satellite companies and my own experiences I find that I have to choose between sns, digi, and ppc. PPC in MY opinion is the only multi-braid connector that works, so I use it. If you think the Stirling is OK for your customers and it lasts long enough to avoid charge backs then go for it.

Hey NYDiver, you are right!!! You are being forced to use Dish Networks "Approved" fittings, and it is what it is!!! If I have a contract that states, "Use a specific connector", I tell them to ship me the fittings, and I use them!!!

As long as they pay for the fittings, I'll use what ever they want... LOL That eliminates the problem of their fitting failure, being blamed on us also...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)