Who was the Best Two Sport Athlete?

Most think of Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson, but there are many others. Between Sanders and Jackson it is not even close, Jackson is many times better. If he did not get injured he was good enough to be a HOF in both leagues; where Sanders was basically a super utility player in baseball.

Being a Dodgers fan Brian Jordon and Jackie Robinson (multisports) come to mind as a two sports athlete

slideshow_1002197934_AP03041603459.jpg

DodgerKing said:
Most think of Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson, but there are many others. Between Sanders and Jackson it is not even close, Jackson is many times better. If he did not get injured he was good enough to be a HOF in both leagues; where Sanders was basically a super utility player in baseball.

Being a Dodgers fan Brian Jordon and Jackie Robinson (multisports) comes to mind as a two sports athlete

But neither were as successful at the professional as Bo Jackson...who I saw live as a Raider and as a Royal. The raw power he had in both sports was beyond belief.

Bo was a five tool player in baseball: speed, arm, defense, batting average, and power. Sanders was simply a speedster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Bo hit a home run that must have put a hole through the fan who tried to catch it.

I saw Bo throw out a baserunner at home by over 20 feet on a sacrifice fly. Bo know baseball.

Still, I have some recollections of amazing things that Deion did, too. I remember once he was running an end-around and got to one side of the field and it was closed off, and so he stopped and turned around and ran the other way, and by the time he had gotten to the other side of the field, he had outrun the 21 guys in front of him and was able to turn the corner. And remember the first pass thrown to him... the one he dove for in the end zone but didn't quite catch? That was one inch from being the most remarkable first reception in pro football history.

DodgerKing said:
Deon was a good football player but a well below average baseball player. Even if he devoted his whole time to baseball, I doubt he would have been more than a super utility outfielder.

I played WITH Dion at FSU. He would have dedicated full time to baseball, he would have been a very good player.

Michael Jordan.

Even with his feeble attempt at baseball, when you factor in his outstanding career in basketball it has to put him in the upper echelon of two sport athletes.

DodgerKing said:
Deon was a good football player but a well below average baseball player. Even if he devoted his whole time to baseball, I doubt he would have been more than a super utility outfielder.

I might be wrong but i think he was the only one to play in the championship game of the two sports that he played in.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)