• NY Giants

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Other---tell us who

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • No one ---they run the table.

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was leaning that way also, but ultimately I think if NE gets that far, NY will be toast. The lure of the undefeated season will be too much to pass on.

to the players yes but if the coaching staff is sane they may not go all out to wina meaningless game (they would have the tiebreaker if both they and Indy went 15-1) so they might rest players. The Giants on the other hand might need to win.

Who knows? I guess we find out when they play the games.

to the players yes but if the coaching staff is sane they may not go all out to wina meaningless game (they would have the tiebreaker if both they and Indy went 15-1) so they might rest players. The Giants on the other hand might need to win.

Who knows? I guess we find out when they play the games.

Don't underestimate Bellichik's ego. This is a rare chance at football immortality. I would think Shula's * comment will fuel the fire also. There is soundness to your argument though, winning a 4th ring certainly would put them past the Steelers accomplishments of the 70's. IMO winning 4 rings in7 yrs. in the era of the salary cap is a pretty large statement towards their ultimate ranking of the greatest teams in the NFL. That said, winning the ring AND going 19 - 0..... I won't live long enough to see another team do that. I love watching history in the making, so I'm hoping they can pull it off. Unless of course the impossible and highly improbable should happen, and my Lions get to the Super Bowl.;):eek::D

Bellichick does not strike me as a real emotional guy. I can't see him going for 16-0 and risking injuring players he needs in the playoffs. But what do I know--I thought that they were nuts to give up draft choices to get a coach and when Brady took over for Bledsoe years ago I thought that the season was over.

Outside of the Steelers, I would have to say the Giants, because they are the last game of the season and NE will probably have everything wrapped up and resting players.
Of course Coach may play all the reg's just to do it.

IF they beat Pittsburgh, I hope they DO do it.

Jimbo

I don't think for a second that Belijerk will rest anyone, but that doesn't mean the players will be all that into it once they have everything wrapped up. Between that and the Giants' pass rush, I think they have the best chance. It's also the best chance for Brady to get hurt in a situation where he shouldn't even be playing....

Bellichick does not strike me as a real emotional guy. I can't see him going for 16-0 and risking injuring players he needs in the playoffs. But what do I know--I thought that they were nuts to give up draft choices to get a coach and when Brady took over for Bledsoe years ago I thought that the season was over.

Did you see his reaction when they beat the Colts? He was jumping up and down and slapping his players, etc. He's got some kind of thing out for the NFL this year, probably because of spygate, and I am completely convinced that he wants to destroy the whole league (all 16 games, even if they have everything wrapped up) en route to the Super Bowl, just to prove whatever point it is he thinks he's proving.

Don't underestimate Bellichik's ego. This is a rare chance at football immortality. I would think Shula's * comment will fuel the fire also. There is soundness to your argument though, winning a 4th ring certainly would put them past the Steelers accomplishments of the 70's. IMO winning 4 rings in7 yrs. in the era of the salary cap is a pretty large statement towards their ultimate ranking of the greatest teams in the NFL. That said, winning the ring AND going 19 - 0..... I won't live long enough to see another team do that. I love watching history in the making, so I'm hoping they can pull it off. Unless of course the impossible and highly improbable should happen, and my Lions get to the Super Bowl.;):eek::D

So 4 rings now is somehow better than 4 rings years ago ?

I don't think for a second that Belijerk will rest anyone, but that doesn't mean the players will be all that into it once they have everything wrapped up. Between that and the Giants' pass rush, I think they have the best chance. It's also the best chance for Brady to get hurt in a situation where he shouldn't even be playing....

You really think if they get that far the players will not want to play thier asses off to win that last game and go undefeated ????
I would think the players would want to do it before the coach.

Jimbo

Even though I do wish that the Steelers do beat the Pats, I don't think they will in NE. I think the Giants will beat the Pats, Their defense has a good pass rush.

So 4 rings now is somehow better than 4 rings years ago ?

Yes. The salary cap makes it very hard to keep your team intact. Second, the players are much bigger and faster than 30 yrs. ago. I love the Steelers, but the Pats would hand the 70's Steelers and the 72 Miami team their lunch, and then take it back and eat it in front of them.

Yes. The salary cap makes it very hard to keep your team intact. Second, the players are much bigger and faster than 30 yrs. ago. I love the Steelers, but the Pats would hand the 70's Steelers and the 72 Miami team their lunch, and then take it back and eat it in front of them.

Are you joking? There is no way the 70's Steelers would lose to them on a consistent basis, plus if NE would try to run the score up on them, The Steel Curtain would break Brady's legs.

NE's defense couldn't stop Bradshaw and company. No way could NE beat the 70's Steelers.

You are aware that the 70's Steelers are all about 50 - 60 yrs. old. I doubt any of them are even playing football anymore.;) Seriously, the players were smaller then, than they are now. I'll give an edge to the Steel Curtain, but Bradshaw vs. Brady is no contest.

Are you joking? There is no way the 70's Steelers would lose to them on a consistent basis, plus if NE would try to run the score up on them, The Steel Curtain would break Brady's legs.

NE's defense couldn't stop Bradshaw and company. No way could NE beat the 70's Steelers.

Is this with or without the 70's Steelers on their roids?

You are aware that the 70's Steelers are all about 50 - 60 yrs. old. I doubt any of them are even playing football anymore.;) Seriously, the players were smaller then, than they are now. I'll give an edge to the Steel Curtain, but Bradshaw vs. Brady is no contest.

LOL:D

Steelers 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, back to back twice.

If and only if NE wins two more super Bowls and they being back to back, I'll say they are better than the 70's Steelers.

Well we can scratch buffalo off the list of possibilities. As of this moment a bare majority think that Pittsburgh can do it. I am not surprised that they head the lsit but I am mildly surprised that a majority think they will win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)