Whole Home DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
I'd like to add the ability, in my son's room, to watch recorded shows using the Whole Home DVR service. However, I don't want to pay another $5/month to add another receiver to my account and go through the hassle of running more lines from my dish to house, since there would be no need to watch live TV.

If I purchased a compatible receiver and connected it to my network and TV, but did not activate it or connect it to the dish, would I be able to access recorded programs on my other DVRs?

If I break down and activate it for $5/month, will it work if I don't keep it connected to the satellite?

It has to be hooked up to the dish. If you call D* I'm sure they will give you a good price on one and they will install it for you.

Wouldn't it be $5/mo for receiver and $3/mo for DECA plus $150 for the DECA install and maybe another $25 if one wanted VOD (Internet Connection Kit)?

Wouldn't it be $5/mo for receiver and $3/mo for DECA plus $150 for the DECA install and maybe another $25 if one wanted VOD (Internet Connection Kit)?

Yes $5 for additional receiver, if you have MRV already than you're already paying for that, you might be able to talk to a CSR to get the install fee lowered or free and if you have a router near your receiver than you don't need a kit.

IMO your best bet would be to call D* and talk about what you can get and prices, you might have to call a few times to get a deal you like, another thing to try is when you call D* and the automated services asks what you want say cancel service, you'll get retention and they will give a better deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)