Whole-Home DVR Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

finni

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Good Morning it has been a while since I have been on here and have a question about the Whole-Home DVR service. When I go to the equipment section on the Directv website under services it shows "Not Eligible" next to Whole-Home DVR and when i called directv the CSR was only interested in selling me a Genie instead of looking to see why it was showing that I'm not eligible can anyone think of any reason why this would be?

My set up:
(2) HR24-100
(2) R22-100 (HD) with deca on each
Slimline 5 LNB
SWM 16
All Receivers showing internet connected on website

Thanks in advance
Jason

You show a SWM16 but you don't need it. You're only using 8 tuners, you sure you have a 16?

Ok so if you do have a 16 your account don't show it on directv's system or it's be a flip of a switch. Currently (in betting) you show a slimline 5 and a 6X8 on your account and would require an upgrade to SWM so you may not be in the upgrade time frame just yet.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It can be a couple things..
1. The system doesnt show you having a SWM. This can be fixed, but it takes about 48-72 hours (The CSR has to send an email to get the account corrected once they've confirmed a SWM is present.
2. There's a MRV flag in the system that has to be turned on.. it should happen automatically, but sometimes doesnt. This can be corrected by a CSR (if they know where to look), or by a supervisor.
Once it's turned on they can add whole home service to the account.

that is my guess also that they are still showing the old 6x16 that i previously had. im kinda surprised with how these receivers now report everything back to the directv servers via the internet that they don't transmit and update the configuration either since they are all hooked to the swm16 and all showing as such on the info screen. and i am aware that i am currently only using 8 tuners when the 6x16 was swapped out for the SWM16 there was an additional R-16 on the system as well but which was the reason we went with the 16 instead of the 8. in short i guess its going to be an afternoon of sitting on the phone and finally getting through to tech support and convincing one of them to change the SWM flag on the account to be able to get this to work.

You must have changed the configuration without telling DirecTV. It's true that DirecTV could collect more data on your installation and report it back automatically but there is a limit to what could be done; for example the system would probably have no way of telling the difference between an SWM LNB, an SWM8 and an SWM16.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)