Whole Home DVR used to work, but has stopped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccualumni

Original poster
May 28, 2011
NC
My whole home DVR worked when it was installed for a month or so, stopped working, then starting working again. After another month or so of working, it has stopped for good.

Here is my set up:
DVR:
HR 24-500, Connected from dish to SWIM to box, Connected to Internet via powerline

HD Receivers (3 total):
H23-600, Cable from wall to DECA1MRO-01, Cat 5 cable from DECA to DirecTV box
H25-500, Cable from wall, HDMI to TV.
H25-500, Cable from wall, HDMI to TV.

I also have another HD DVR that the installer said would take 24 hours to connect to the other boxes, but knew he was lying when he said that.

The problem is that under “status”, it says that there are no networked DVRs found.
I have tried resetting the boxes, unplugged the powerline adapter (rebooting it), disconnected the wireless from the DVR, but nothing is working for this.

When I go to Network Setup on the non-DVR, it tells me “We were not able to connect to the Internet. Would you like to get connected?” I hit “Get Connected”, but am not sure which option to select as none have worked (Wired, powerline, or wireless).

I completed several searches on Google and checked a couple of message boards, and cannot find this exact situation although I probably just missed it.

I am really hoping someone can help me out with this.

1. Where do I start to try to resolve this?
  2. Do I need wireless Internet for any of this? If so, I can hardwire the DVR to guarantee the Internet is working. I do not think the wireless is the issue as my laptop works just fine using the same wireless signal.
Thanks,

ccualumni,
Just so you know, you have shut down your whole home DVR by connecting your HR24 directly to the internet. That shuts down the internal DECA and will block your whole home service. So you need to remove that connection. You do not need to have any internet connection for whole home DVR. (I am not sure why it worked at all if you had the internet connection hooked up to the HR24.) If you want to make an internet connection, and we can walk you through that as well. Just let us know.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts