Whole Home Issue after Moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ron_s

Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
USA
I just moved and the new house didn't have DTV before, so installer came, installed dish etc. I have an HR-44 and an HR-24, as well as mini clients and a wireless video bridge. At my old house, my swim was in one bedroom with a mini client, the HR-24 was in another room, and in the living room was the HR-44 with the wireless video bridge. Everything worked great.

Here's my issue. At my new house, I am constantly getting an error message that my HR-24 has disconnected from the network. This message shows up on the HR-44 and on the HR-24 itself. The installer set up the HR-44 in the living room with the wireless video bridge and the in the other room he put the HR-24 and the swim.

I tried swapping the locations of the HR-24 and the HR-44 and when I did that, the HR-24 stayed connected to the network without any disconnects. So when the HR-24 was with the wireless video bridge and the HR-44 was with the swim it worked fine. But when I switched them back as the installer had them (HR-44 with wireless video bridge and HR-24 with swim) I am getting the HR-24 disconnect error again.

I'm not sure why this is, does anyone have any information that could help me? Should I call Directv and tell them what's going on, or is there a simple fix I can do myself?

If it helps, when I originally had DTV installed in 2012 I only had the HR-24 and an additional receiver. I later added the HR-44 and kept the HR-24, so I believe the original swim count I had was 8. I know it wasn't anything more than ten but I can't remember the exact number. But the system is showing I now have a swim count of 22. Not sure if this helps or not, or if it's related in any way to the error I'm getting now.

What you should do is call D* back out, seeing THEY set it up ...

The way I set my stuff up, I run coax from the Dish/LNB to the splitter (allows me to use more than one recvr) making SURE that the Power Insertor is hooked up to the (red line) Power pass connection on the Splitter (this IS important as the LNB won't get the correct power otherwise) so I go from the splitter to the PI to my HR54 (HR44 in your case) . and then the other recvrs connect to the rest of the splitter.

You say the recvr is not connected (are you taking about to the Internet ) .
I don't know too much about the Video Bridges, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that or where it goes in the system.

Have you tried connecting the Internet Wirelessly, both your recvr are capable of that.

What Error Messages codes are you getting ?

Wireless video bridge is only used to connect the wireless mini’s to the HR44.

How is your system connected to the internet?

I bet the installer just connected the HR44 using your WiFi password.

What you need to do is hard wire your HR44 to the internet. Or get a DECCA and hardwire your system to the internet that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing, I don't have internet. It's not connected. When it says "HR-24 has disconnected from the network" it means the whole-home network. Does this have anything to do with the HR-24 being connected directly to the swim? Because like I said, when I swapped the locations of the 24 and 44, I didn't receive the error anymore, and the 44 didn't disconnect either. But when I swapped them back, the 24 started disconnecting again. The error message even shows up on the HR-24 itself by saying something like "This receiver has disconnected from the home network." When I'm on the HR-44 the error message will come up when pressing the list button to view the playlist, or if it doesn't disconnect then, it will as soon as I start to play a recording from the HR-24. If I'm watching live TV or a recording that's on the HR-44 (from either the main unit or a mini), the message will pop up about every five minutes or so.

Here's the thing, I don't have internet. It's not connected. When it says "HR-24 has disconnected from the network" it means the whole-home network. Does this have anything to do with the HR-24 being connected directly to the swim? Because like I said, when I swapped the locations of the 24 and 44, I didn't receive the error anymore, and the 44 didn't disconnect either. But when I swapped them back, the 24 started disconnecting again. The error message even shows up on the HR-24 itself by saying something like "This receiver has disconnected from the home network." When I'm on the HR-44 the error message will come up when pressing the list button to view the playlist, or if it doesn't disconnect then, it will as soon as I start to play a recording from the HR-24. If I'm watching live TV or a recording that's on the HR-44 (from either the main unit or a mini), the message will pop up about every five minutes or so.

Could be a cabling issue.

The receivers form an internal network around the 600 MHz band.

Did the installer use all new wiring ?

Could be a cabling issue.

The receivers form an internal network around the 600 MHz band.

Did the installer use all new wiring ?

Yeah. I called DIRECTV to try and get someone out and they tried to "troubleshoot " with me, but I told them I wasn't home and was calling from work to get a repair. They said they'd call me back the next day between 8-9am, and never did. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)