Whole home networking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you can plug cat5 from your router to the hr34 then it would do away with needing DECA broadband adapter and you would only need the DECA adptors for the other receivers. Also check ebay you can pick up the adapters cheaper than retail most of the time.
Wow, that's nice to know! I will put the HR34 in my entertainment center, so plugging it into the Ethernet switch is no problem at all. So that means that for $60 (or less if I get them via ebay) I'd get the other three DVRs hooked up. Thanks for the info!

Hey, just thought of another question... I have an upstairs room with a coax line but no Ethernet. If I hook up the HR34 downstairs and plug it in to my Ethernet network, and I hook up an HR22 upstairs with a DECA adapter, can I connect that adapter to a small 5-port switch, and then plug the HR22 into the switch? And by doing so, would I then be able to plug other Ethernet devices into the same switch and they would be able to access the Internet?

not the best way of hooking mrv up but you can purchase decas through 3rd parties and if you have swm you have nothing to worry about just adding service to account but i would prefer tech coming out and hooking everything up just to make sure its all correct but i do believe the Ethernet connect way was just for beta testing am i right

not the best way of hooking mrv up but you can purchase decas through 3rd parties and if you have swm you have nothing to worry about just adding service to account but i would prefer tech coming out and hooking everything up just to make sure its all correct but i do believe the Ethernet connect way was just for beta testing am i right

nope; I have used the ethernet method since day 1 of the beta and continue to do so perfectly. no HR24 in my setup however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)