Whole House DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SingingAngel

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
WV
We are thinking of making the switch, but I just have a question as far as the whole-house DVR goes. We have 4 TVs, 3 of which are HD. If we get a standard receiver for the SD TV in our bedroom, will is work with the whole-house dvr or does it have to be a HD receiver?

Only MRV compatible receivers are all current HD/DVR's, all current HD receivers except for the H20 (but that is not used on new installs) and one standard def DVR the H22 which will automatically become an HD/DVR on an HD system.

With a new install you will get 1 HD/DVR and 1 HD receiver for free.
Additional HD/DVR's will cost $199 and additional HD receivers will cost $99 (unless there has been a change since I last saw)
If you even think you might want it, get it at the time of install or it will cost more later.

BTW, also ask for the cinema plus connection.
It is free hand has some really cool features.

1 thing that always boggles my mind on these types of threads is nobody ever mentions anything about mpeg4 markets which changes everything altogether. My 1st ? to singingangel is, what dma are you in? Once we know, this could change everything. To get the best advice & help, dma location is imperative.

Elaborating a little more from my previous post. Knowing whether or not you're in an mpeg4 dma can cost you. If you are or not & you request for your 3rd TV or more an hd receiver, you will be charged out of pocket for it. With that said if in fact your dma is mpeg4 and you go with the standard promo offer with an hd/dvr & hd box you will still receive without charge an hd box for your 3rd & 4th tv by simply not requesting it as long as you're in an mpeg4 market. Many people are paying unnecessarily out of pocket because lack of knowing. There are many mpeg4 markets, knowing which you are in is of utmost importance.

Only MRV compatible receivers are all current HD/DVR's, all current HD receivers except for the H20 (but that is not used on new installs) and one standard def DVR the H22 which will automatically become an HD/DVR on an HD system.....
Actually, it's the R22 that can become an H22 on an HD account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts