whole house dvr

Multiroom DVR is very simple, you get a whole house DVR and your choice of other DVRs or client playback set tops. You can view recorded content from another box that it was not recorded on. In order to delete, edit or schedule recordings you need to do it from the DVR that the content is/was recorded on. Some of that may be changing with future firmware upgrades though. I’m running ODN 4.0, and can’t speak for 4.1 or the upcoming 4.5. Other than that the interface is exactly like a regular DVR. The multiroom DVRs come with 500GB hard drives, for Ciscos you get the Explorer 8642HDC DVR and Explorer 4642HDC regular digital set top terminal if you wish to have one. Not sure about the specific model numbers for Samsung boxes. When you go to play a recorded event from another DVR, there is a slight delay, it doesn’t begin instantly as it has to communicate with the rest of your MOCA network. You get a similar sceen that you get when accessing On Demand content, your program begins playing usually within 5 seconds or less.

Not sure what the rate is as I have Signature Home and it's included in that.

I looked at it, but I'm not willing to extend my commitment yet.

They are requiring commitments in your area? I left dish two years ago for TWC and there was no commitment on my part, but there was a pricing commitment on their part for the two years. Now I will find out how committed TWC is to keeping a sub, whereas my promo should end next month.

They are requiring commitments in your area? I left dish two years ago for TWC and there was no commitment on my part, but there was a pricing commitment on their part for the two years. Now I will find out how committed TWC is to keeping a sub, whereas my promo should end next month.

I needed to sign a 2 year commitment in order to get a $15 drop in monthly fees. When I asked about the whole house DVR they told me it would require a 2 year extension of the commitment. Current commitment runs out in April and I am keeping my options open.

I needed to sign a 2 year commitment in order to get a $15 drop in monthly fees. When I asked about the whole house DVR they told me it would require a 2 year extension of the commitment. Current commitment runs out in April and I am keeping my options open.

Exactly what I am doing. I would love the NFL Network and/or NFL Redzone; but it is not a deal breaking unless they are gonna raise me $40-50 a month. Right now the way I look at it is that I am at basically a $65 a month video cost; with another $50 going for roadrunner. If my video cost moves upwards to $100 a month I will be flipping on the switch for Directv very shortly.

I just got my whole house dvr installed yesterday and it seems to work pretty kewl. They swapped out my SA/Cisco Receivers for Samsung Receivers. Whats wierd is that no adjustment on the Remotes were required even though they are different branded receivers. They also upraded my RR to turbo, while guaranteeing their prices to me for two more years on their end, with no commitment on my part required. Now if they just increase the number HD Games available on NHLCI this season like originally posted I would be in hockey heaven.;)

Multiroom DVR is very simple, you get a whole house DVR and your choice of other DVRs or client playback set tops. You can view recorded content from another box that it was not recorded on. In order to delete, edit or schedule recordings you need to do it from the DVR that the content is/was recorded on. Some of that may be changing with future firmware upgrades though. I’m running ODN 4.0, and can’t speak for 4.1 or the upcoming 4.5. Other than that the interface is exactly like a regular DVR. The multiroom DVRs come with 500GB hard drives, for Ciscos you get the Explorer 8642HDC DVR and Explorer 4642HDC regular digital set top terminal if you wish to have one. Not sure about the specific model numbers for Samsung boxes. When you go to play a recorded event from another DVR, there is a slight delay, it doesn’t begin instantly as it has to communicate with the rest of your MOCA network. You get a similar sceen that you get when accessing On Demand content, your program begins playing usually within 5 seconds or less.

Not sure what the rate is as I have Signature Home and it's included in that.

Do all the DVRS lose their PIP when you get the Multi Room DVR? They installed Samsungs at mine but I have lost the PIP feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts