Whole House Viewing Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I have Directv Whole House viewing from two different DVR's. I can receive stuff I've recorded on all my receivers except one Regular HD receiver. I have the Deca's hooked up. The problem started in the Bedroom when I disconnected everything to have the carpet cleaned. I don't even get a green light on the Deca....any thoughts.
Appreciate the help. Thanks

If all the lights on the DECA are off, it is getting no power (and therefore won't be able to grab an IP address). Make sure it is not hooked up backwards. The short white wire has to go to Sat In on the receiver, the male end goes to the dish. Make sure all the connections are tight.

If that doesn't work, if you have another receiver with a DECA, try swapping DECAs. If the problem stays in the same room, the receiver is shot. If the problem moves, the DECA is shot.

Are you getting any lights at all?

Deca's will work no matter which way they are hoked up.
There is no hooking them up backwards.

Are you getting any lights at all?
I don't even get a green light on the Deca

Deca's will work no matter which way they are hoked up.
There is no hooking them up backwards.
No they won't. The end that says "Sat Rcvr/Power" has to be hooked up to the sat receiver or power supply or it won't power up. Don't tell me otherwise because I just tried it on two of them. They pass the sat signal but the DECA doesn't power up.

Never tried it in reverse because I never had a need to but in training class when MRV came out they told us they would.
But it wouldn't be the first time I was told wrong in training.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts