Whos got a Slingbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper said:
I had to change the remote address on my receiver to "1" for the SlingBox to control it. I haven't had a chance to try the other included remote codes to see if any of them work at other addresses.

I'm using the Dish Network 522 codeset on the latest beta. They forgot the PIP, Swap and Position buttons on the remote.

Well that sucks.

I need it to remain at 2, since my expressvu rcvr uses 1.

I cant understand the problem, the codes available show as 1,2 or 3. But none work!

Maybe most here have already done so but I just got to it this afternoon.

I upgraded to the new software version beta 1.05 and it has a firmware upgrade as well for the sling box.

This new beta has a couple of nice features and performance improvements.

1. It has new remote controls including a compatible remote for HR10-250 Tivo DVR :)
2. Has a new Video tuning screen to optimize the sling player fopr your computer hardware. Then there is the firmware upgrade.

All in all, my sling now works flawlessly with EVDO connection at full screen and nice quality, very smooth and no hesitations.

If you haven't tried upgrading in awhile, I recommend these new updates.

A SlingBox is definitely on my list to purchase. I just got a Cingular 8125 yesterday, so Im anxiously awaiting the PocketPC client.

SlingBox and Direcway???

Will the SlingBox work on direcway? I have seen that it will, and I have seen that it won't work.

Can anyone with Satellite internet and a Slingbox tell me if they will work together?

Thanks
jim622

Slingbox???? Try, Orb....sweet

SCOTT,
GO TO HTTP:\\WWW.ORB.COM
YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO ALL MEDIA ON YOUR HOME PC. MUSIC, PHOTOS,TV
YOU CAN STREAN IT THROUGH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE AS WELL
ALSO ITS FREE I RECOMEND ALL TO GIVE IT A TRY.

Share your Orb account
Additional family members can be added to your Orb account. Each person you add to your account can customize Orb so they can enjoy their personal media when and how they want it.

Does this mean that you can watch the content at more than one place at once or does this just mean that you can still only watch the content at only one place at a time with each orb box that you buy?

Also does this mean that there is no hardware to buy like there is with the slingbox? Is it all software based? If so this would save a lot of people some dough. You could save enough money to buy the video capture card and some good software for that. Is this like the software that allows you to access your computer or somebody else's computer (pc anywhere)?

Last edited:
Orb only works about 50% of the time. And youre burning CPU cycles.

Got the slinbox last month, mostly to watch at work when my father wants to stay late nights to work on an estimate. Can't be happier.

Although, I DEFINETLY want one with a cablecard slot. Anyone know of a device like this that's coming out?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I cant wait for the Windows Mobile viewer software so I can watch my Slingbox on my phone.

If you have a Slingbox tell us what you like about it and what you would like to see changed.
Whens that come out? I may have to get a Slingbox and upgrade my phone when it does.

I have a Slingbox for a couple of months now. One of the best things I ever bought. One thing that bugs me no one has mentioned. You can hook up 3 device but it only has 2 IR blaster cable ports. Only thing that would make it better is the be able to watch HD via OTA (or whatever) tuner

How do you guys deal w/ multiple devices and switching control remotely? The plus on the Sony LocationFree system is two discreet sets of A/V inputs (via S-Video/composite) plus a cable in and the ability to easily swap inputs. You all happy with how this works on the SlingBox? I want to plug my Sat reciever and a Sony DVD juke into whatever media remote server I get, and don't want it too kludgy. Also, anyone using the Sling w/ an E* 942 DVR? Doesn't seem like they have the remote codes for it yet, but wasn't sure if it worked using another 'similar enough' setup.

I have a Dish 522 hooked up to the RF input and a Tivo hookup up to the composite input. One is stacked on top of the other so one IR blaster lead goes to the Tivo and the other goes to the 522.

In the Sling player, both devices are configured. From the menu, I selected the video source and the virtual remote for the selected device is opened.

Couldn't be simpler.

Thanks. If I can ask, how's the video quality using RF? I'd probably be running the 942 through RF and the DVD through composite.

Also, if the components aren't stacked and a splitter/two-head blaster is used, that's easily done I imagine, right?

Last edited:
The video quality of the input is better than anything that you will view over the network. RF or composite doesn't matter. The video at the other end (the player) looks the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)