Whos got a Slingbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone were smart they would setup a Sling Remote custimization service, where you send them a remote and they make a custom remote file for you.

The thing I HATE about my Slingbox is it does not support all the remote addresses I have setup at my house.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If someone were smart they would setup a Sling Remote custimization service, where you send them a remote and they make a custom remote file for you.

The thing I HATE about my Slingbox is it does not support all the remote addresses I have setup at my house.

That has to be customizable. Just like all those remotes on Remotecentral.com

In the slingcommunity forum at least one guy has messed around with his software. I don't code but it can't be that difficult and who cares if it would void the warranty, price is pretty reasonable.

Didn't see the post on the previous page saying basically the same thing - sorry for the redundancy

Last edited:
I am happy to report that SlingBox Mobile client works just fine on my Cingular 8125. I was worried since its not on the list of "approved" devices.

StevenD said:
I am happy to report that SlingBox Mobile client works just fine on my Cingular 8125. I was worried since its not on the list of "approved" devices.
Cool! That's EDGE, not even UMTS correct?

What kind of throughput are you getting with Cingular? I can't get any audio stream above 24k to work.

Don Landis said:
They give you 2 It is a single Y cable with two blasters.
Don,

Thanks.. I picked one up with that Dell deal posted here.. The total came to like $180.00.

sling box match maker

Scott Greczkowski said:
So who out there has a Slingbox?

This is one of my favorite gadgets to come out in years (ok my VX6700 ranks up there but not as high as the Slingbox)

I cant wait for the Windows Mobile viewer software so I can watch my Slingbox on my phone.

If you have a Slingbox tell us what you like about it and what you would like to see changed.

I live in Hawaii and am a Phillies/Eagles fan. I'd like to swap Slingbox services with a Hawaii fan living in Philly. My Slingbox would service him and his - me. Does anyone know of a match maker service for Slingbox?

I can see a lot of what tim_plick describes going on in the future with slingbox. I wonder what Dish, Direct, and the cable companies are going to do about this?

Sling Mobile beta expires and you'll need to get your key to make it work. One free key per box registered before 4/26. Got mine but I will have to pay for the second key for my wife's Treo700w. No big deal because it is a great bargain compared to the monthly charges per program that's offered by competing services.

Does anyone know how to input the registration key once the beta expires? I'm out of town and have the key, but not sure how to install it.

willie3 said:
Does anyone know how to input the registration key once the beta expires? I'm out of town and have the key, but not sure how to install it.

You need to download the new application (not the beta). From there you will be able to enter the registration code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts